Thread: urgent pls help

rimybamboo is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation urgent pls help

i want to repeat a year and i'm writing the principal this letter...
    dunno if it's right to put it here...
    pls help, thx so much

+++

Dear Mr X,

I am writing to ask for your approval of my repeat of the Secondary 6 curriculum in the next school year (2007/2008).

For the academic year which is about to pass, I have been distracted from my studies by various extra-curricular activities. I strongly appreciate the precious experience and skills I have gained from those activities. However, I regret to admit that when participating in these ECAs, I lost much time that I failed in striving for balance between schoolwork and the ECAs. In addition, I had been in poor health this year that I did not have enough energy to handle the relatively hard schoolwork.

I have been aspiring to study Translation, Linguistic and Modern Languages or Chinese Language and Literature, as I have very strong interests in these areas. I believe that when there is a will, there is a way. Repeating Secondary 6 year might be hard, yet I would spare no efforts to strive for good results. With a weak basis of Secondary 6 studies, I could predict that I would definitely fail to reach the admission requirements of universities if I take part in the A-Level examinations next year.

Now that I have realized the importance of time management and I have confidence of making good use of it. Besides, by taking better care of my health and adopting a healthier life style, I believe that I could manage to handle the schoolwork well.

Please kindly grant me an opportunity to correct the mistakes made this year and hence strive for a bright future. Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
    [signature]
    [1st name] [last name]
    Student from S.6X
    Last edited by rimybamboo; 02-Jul-2007 at 10:14. Reason: wrongly typed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: urgent pls help

p.s. should i include my address or his address?
    in case that i'm just handing him this letter..

MikeCollins is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

From Mike Collins:

Dear Mr X,

I am writing to request your approval to allow me to repeat the Secondary 6 curriculum in the next school year (2007/2008).

Regarding the current academic year, I have been distracted from my studies by various extra-curricular activities. I strongly appreciate the valuable experience and skills that I have gained from those activities. However, I have to admit that I lost much time in participating in them, and that I failed in striving for a balance between schoolwork and the ECAs. In addition, I have been in poor health this year, meaning that I did not have enough energy to handle the relatively hard schoolwork.

I have been aspiring to study Translation, Linguistic and Modern Languages or Chinese Language and Literature, as I have very strong interests in these areas. I believe that where there is a will there is a way. Repeating Secondary 6 year might be hard, yet I would spare no effort to strive for good results. A weak performance in my Secondary 6 studies would mean that I would definitely fail to reach the admission requirements of universities, if I take part in the A-Level examinations next year.

Now that I have realized the importance of time management, and I have the confidence of making good use of it; I believe that I could manage the schoolwork well. Besides which, I realize that taking better care of my health and adopting a healthier life style would also lead to higher achievements.

I respectfully request to be given an opportunity to correct the mistakes that I have made this year and being allowed to repeat the Secondary 6 curriculum in the next school year (2007/2008).

I thank you for your kind attention and respectfully await your decision.

I remain yours respectfully,

MikeCollins is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Treat it as a formal letter - block format.

Your address - top right

The headmaster's address left.

Signature block

Post Thanks / Like

thx so much!!

Post Thanks / Like

by the way, any comments?