Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Theater

  1. #1
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy Theater

    Hi everyone
    I need to know how to write an essay about literature especially Drama
    I need an extract from a play and an essay written about it
    Plz Anglika help me to find such essays and know how to analyze a literary text
    Thanks all

  2. #2
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    44,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theater

    There are many different types of question that can bhe asked about a play, so there are many different types of essay; you could be asked to analyse characters, or discuss the themes. I am afraid that there is not simple answer to your question. Which play are you interested in?

  3. #3
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red face Re: Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    There are many different types of question that can bhe asked about a play, so there are many different types of essay; you could be asked to analyse characters, or discuss the themes. I am afraid that there is not simple answer to your question. Which play are you interested in?
    Hi Tdol
    The plays I interested in are:
    1-King Lear (shakespeare)
    2-The crucible (Arthur Miller)
    Thanks in advance

  4. #4
    bianca is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Swedish
      • Home Country:
      • Sweden
      • Current Location:
      • Sweden
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theater

    Here are some ideas for you:

    "In a drama essay, your purpose is always to explore, explain and discuss the various significant ways by which the tools of drama have been used to entertain and engage the audience, persuading them to think about the world in a certain way - the dramatist's! The ideas explored by are called the play's themes and themes are always made clear through the play's characters and action. All essay questions will concern some aspect of theme and character."

    Check out further down on this site:

    Englishbiz - play essays

    Why don't you have a go at it, start writing an essay - paragraph by paragraph - and let us help you along??

  5. #5
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red face Re: Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    Here are some ideas for you:

    "In a drama essay, your purpose is always to explore, explain and discuss the various significant ways by which the tools of drama have been used to entertain and engage the audience, persuading them to think about the world in a certain way - the dramatist's! The ideas explored by are called the play's themes and themes are always made clear through the play's characters and action. All essay questions will concern some aspect of theme and character."

    Check out further down on this site:

    Englishbiz - play essays

    Why don't you have a go at it, start writing an essay - paragraph by paragraph - and let us help you along??
    Bianca..... my lovely teacher.... I'm speechless.
    I'll do my best ;I promise.

  6. #6
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    44,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theater

    Here are some notes on Lear: SparkNotes: King Lear and some on the Crucible SparkNotes: The Crucible. read through them and look at how other people have regarded the play and compare that to your own ideas.

  7. #7
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking Re: Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Here are some notes on Lear: SparkNotes: King Lear and some on the Crucible SparkNotes: The Crucible. read through them and look at how other people have regarded the play and compare that to your own ideas.
    Thanks Tdol

Similar Threads

  1. a huge question, but I really need help.
    By japanjapan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-Jan-2007, 08:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •