crussell is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Editing Assistance

I need assistance in editing the following sentences. Thanks so much!!

Moral imagination is the capacity to empathize with others and not just to feel for oneself, but to feel with and for others. Is this the only puncutation needed in this sentence?

The importance of graduation and a high school diploma has/have taken on an ever increasing significance for high school students due to the evolution of a world economy.

I am proofreading this sentence and have changed it accordingly. Please let me know if it still has the same message.
    Of course it includes academics; but it must also teach them how to manage themselves better, how to handle their emotions, and how to handle other people, how to cooperate and how to get along then something other than than academics must be considered.

Of course, it includes academics, but it must teach them how to better mange themselves, handle their emotions, other people, and how to copperate with others in addition to academics must be considered.
    the

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Editing Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by crussell View Post
    I need assistance in editing the following sentences. Thanks so much!!

Moral imagination is the capacity to empathize with others and not just to feel for oneself, but to feel with and for others. Is this the only punctuation needed in this sentence? Yes

The importance of graduation and a high school diploma has/have taken on an ever increasing significance for high school students due to the evolution of a world economy. The subject is "The importance" = singular.

I am proofreading this sentence and have changed it accordingly. Please let me know if it still has the same message.
    I think there is an error in your original sentence. There should be a full stop and new sentence : "other people. How to cooperate...". Also, "how to get along then" does not make sense.

Of course it includes academics; but it must also teach them how to manage themselves better, how to handle their emotions, and how to handle other people, how to cooperate and how to get along then something other than than academics must be considered.

Of course, it includes academics, but it must teach them how to better mange themselves, handle their emotions, other people, and how to copperate with others in addition to academics must be considered.
    the

crussell is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Editing Assistance

Thank you so much for your assistance. Your comments were very helpful.

Cindy R.