• Post Thanks / Like

jump off, fell off, fell through

I can jump off from the second floor to the ground without any injury.

The company profits fell off this month because of lack of sufficient employees in the company. This accounts for the fell through of the loan sanction with the bank as our company profits not enough to meet the minimum requirements of the bank.

Please tell me whether I have correctly placed the highlighed words in the above sentences.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: jump off, fell off, fell through

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    I can jump off from the second floor to the ground without any injury.

The company profits fell off this month because of lack of sufficient employees in the company. This accounts for the fell through of the loan sanction with the bank as our company profits not enough to meet the minimum requirements of the bank.

Please tell me whether I have correctly placed the highlighed words in the above sentences.
    I can jump from the second floor to the ground OR I can jump off the roof to the ground.

The company profits fell off this month because of lack of sufficient employees in the company. Fine

This accounts for the fell through of the loan sanction with the bank as our company profits not enough to meet the minimum requirements of the bank.

This sentence is incorrect.

"The company profits this month were not enough to enable us to meet the minimum requirements of the bank for the repayments on the loan."

To use "fell through" >> The repayments on the loan fell through the cracks as the accountants did not make allowance for them.

In this context, "fell through" would be used in form of the idiom "fell through the cracks", meaning no-one noticed that there was a mistake.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Anglika.

But, by the second paragraph, I want to mean that (The bank is about to give loan to us, but because of the poor performance the bank lost our credit confidentiality and they unsanctioned our loan request)

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    Thank you Anglika.

But, by the second paragraph, I want to mean that (The bank is about to give loan to us, but because of the poor performance the bank lost our credit confidentiality and they unsanctioned our loan request)
    We applied to the bank for a loan, but owing to the company's poor performance, the bank felt no confidence in our ability to service the loan and refused it. Therefore our application fell through.