difference between inter- and intra-

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknomi

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Good day, teachers

I am wondering the meanings between "inter-firm job mobility'' and "intra-firm job mobility".

This is my interpretation. "Inter-firm job mobility" suggests that you work in a particular company as a marketing manager, and you wish to transfer to another position, say advertising manager, still in the same company, same location. But "Intra-girm job mobility" suggests that you work in a company which has many branches overseas or within a country, and you might want to change your job from branch A to branch B. It's more like a location change.

Does it make sense?

sabrina :wink:

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
blacknomi said:
Good day, teachers

I am wondering the meanings between "inter-firm job mobility'' and "intra-firm job mobility".

This is my interpretation. "Inter-firm job mobility" suggests that you work in a particular company as a marketing manager, and you wish to transfer to another position, say advertising manager, still in the same company, same location. But "Intra-girm job mobility" suggests that you work in a company which has many branches overseas or within a country, and you might want to change your job from branch A to branch B. It's more like a location change.

Does it make sense?

inter- means, between (e.g. inter-continental flight: between continents), whereas intra- means, inside (e.g. intravenous or I.V: a needle placed inside a vein).

Hope that helps you out. :D

blacknomi

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Casiopea said:
blacknomi said:
Good day, teachers

Does it make sense?

inter- means, between (e.g. inter-continental flight: between continents), whereas intra- means, inside (e.g. intravenous or I.V: a needle placed inside a vein).

Hope that helps you out. :D

so I just interpreted thses phrases as the oppisite. Right?

The following points are my assumption of the meaning of "inter-firm job mobility"
1. You work in company A.
2. You change your job to company B.
3. Company B is another new company.

"intra-firm job mobility"
1. You work in compnay A.
2. You transfer your job position within the same company.
3. After transferring, you are still in company A.

I'm looking forward to your answer.

sabrina :roll:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
That's right, Sabrina. ;-)