Hello,Originally Posted by Anonymous
I put a happy face :D beside the sentence that are OK, and I put a sad face :( beside the sentences that are not OK.
1. Someone is ringing the bell. :D
2. Someone rings the bell. :(
3. Did you hear someone ringing the bell? :(
4. Do you hear someone ringing the bell? :D
5. Sure, I heard. :(
6. Sure, I hear it. :D
7. Will you go to open the door? :( Will you go and open the door?
8. Do you go to open the door? :( Would you go and open the door?
The difference between Will you go and Would you go has to do with the speaker's feelings: Will you is a kind of a command, and Would you is a polite request.
9. I'll go. :D Also, "I am going."
10. I go. :(
11. We'll go now. :( We'll be going now. / We are going now.
12. We go now. :(
13. I'll try. :D
14. I try. :(
All the best,