Post Thanks / Like

help with proofreading

hi, I am sorry to bother, but I have an important text that I translated, and I need someone co proofread it. Could anyone help me please ?
    Thank you up front for any comment...

Dear Sirs:
    Please allow me to address you on behalf of the company SEEPRINT s.r.o., which is a producer of the 5th International Festival of Outdoor Films.
    We would like to introduce this project along with offering you the opportunity to take part on its future development. This festival is organized as a touring exhibition and competition of adventurous, extreme and adrenalin films, and travelogues. Its topic and content make it a very unique and prestigious festival, which is one of the biggest of this kind not only in Europe, but also worldwide.
    By its characteristic, it could be compared to well-known festivals, such are Trento (Italy), Telluride (USA), Autrans (France), Torello (Spain), Banff (Canada), etc.; the main difference is the fact that International Festival of Outdoor Films is touring throughout the Czech Republic and it is going to visit almost 20 different towns and cities in this season.
    This event is recently supported by many media partners (Czech TV, Czech Radio, newspaper, magazines, etc.) and also by many partner companies. It is held under the patronage of the Czech Republic Ministry of Culture, mayor of Czech capital – Prague, and many representatives of participating cities.
    The festival is expected to present 70 – 100 films from almost 20 countries from all around the world; around 20 000 - 30 000 viewers is expected to attend the festival this year. The festival is going to be touring over the Czech Republic for 2 months. Compared to its 1st year (2003), when the festival visited only 3 towns in the Czech Republic, we cannot overlook the fact, that within 5 years since its start the festival has became one of the biggest events of this kind in the world, not only because of its growing audience, but also because of the growing participation of major makers of documentary and feature films from many countries of every continent.

We are offering you this unique opportunity to present your company during the entire festival. We promote our partners and/or their trademarks the most intensive way possible.
    Please note, that the promotion will be displayed in all participating towns for 2 months (October – December 2007) consecutively.
    The promotion for your company will be provided on 2 main levels:
    a) during the festival – directly at the place of the projection
    b) in mass media
    At the places of projection, there will be designated places for placing partner’s ads, trademarks, and other promotion materials for public to take (fliers, catalogues, posters, etc.).

Based on the interests of our partners, the image of the festival will be created and presented in all participating towns (ads, flags of all the participating states, presentation of authors, etc.)
    The organizer guarantees moving of all banners wit our partners’ logos (organizer also provides their timely production) from town to town.
    All partners can (upon the agreement with co-organizers in participating towns) provide their own promotion – build their own stands, offer their products, etc.
    The organizer guarantees, that all the partners entering the festival will be presented in all participating towns and in the catalogue throughout the entire
    time of the duration of the festival.
    Each town will have its own informative fliers with the schedule and the list of our partners. According to the position of each partner, the organizer will make billboards with their logos visibly displayed. At the beginning of each projection block, short promotion spots of our partners will be shown (spot’s length also according to partner’s position). During the festival, such spots will be shown up to 550 times, at the beginning of each projection block.
    You’ve had the opportunity to read our short introduction. It is up to you now, to decide whether you wish to become our partner, promote your company, display your promotion spots, offer your products or services to the wide public, and at the same time support the development of this unique and attractive festival.
    Details of our offer are attached. It is up to your decision how big amount you wish to spend. The amounts listed in our offer are only informative.
    Any other amount can be used. Also prizes for winners can be accepted instead of cash investments.
    If you have any questions, comments, or if you need any explanation or further information, feel free to contact us any time at:

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help with proofreading

on behalf of the company SEEPRINT s.r.o., which is the producer of the 5th

We would like to introduce this project to you along with offering you the opportunity to take part in its future development.

Its topic and content will make it a very unique and prestigious festival, one of the biggest of this kind, not only in Europe, but also worldwide.

It could be compared to well-known festivals, such are Trento (Italy), Telluride (USA), Autrans (France), Torello (Spain), and Banff (Canada). The main difference is that the International Festival of Outdoor Films is touring throughout the Czech Republic and is going to visit almost 20 different towns and cities in this season.

This event will be supported by many media partners (Czech TV, Czech Radio, newspapers, magazines, etc.) and also by many partner companies. It will be held under the patronage of the Czech Republic Ministry of Culture, the Mayor of the Czech capital – Prague, and many representatives of participating cities.

The festival is expected to present up to 100 films from almost 20 countries from all around the world; around 20,000 - 30,000 viewers are expected to attend the festival this year. The festival is going to be touring the Czech Republic for 2 months. Since its 1st year (2003), when the festival visited only 3 towns in the Czech Republic, the festival has became one of the biggest events

We promote our partners and/or their trademarks in the most intensive way possible.

Please note that the promotion will be displayed

b) in the mass media

there will be designated places for placing partners' ads, trademarks, and other promotion materials for the public to take (fliers, catalogues, posters, etc.).

The organizer guarantees the transfer of all banners with our partners’ logos (the organizer will also produce them) from town to town.

The organizer guarantees that all the partners entering the festival

Details of our offer are attached. It is your decision how much you wish to spend. The figures provided are guidelines only.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you need any explanation or further information, feel free to contact us any time at:[/quote]

I have indicated possible changes. Apart from these, the text is acceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. Some of the mistakes were just typing errors (commas, wit instead of with), some were made by not paying enough attention (viewer is expected, etc...). I understand your comments, except for two details.

1. Why is it the producer ? There are several producers involved, we are not the only producer.

2. Why is it the public ? Why is "the" necessary here ?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marseeprint View Post
    Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. Some of the mistakes were just typing errors (commas, wit instead of with), some were made by not paying enough attention (viewer is expected, etc...). I understand your comments, except for two details.

1. Why is it the producer ? There are several producers involved, we are not the only producer. If this is referring to my first suggestion, only Seeprint is identified as the producer. If you want to make it clear that there are others involved, then say "Seeprint..., one of the producers...."

2. Why is it the public ? Why is "the" necessary here ? It is necessary because it is the general public = a group noun, treating people as a unit.