Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trinity cert tesol course/qualification

hi there, i am starting the trinity cert tesol course in september and would love to chat to anyone who is also doing it or has done it. to find out what its like and share experiences with, and to talk about finding jobs afterwards. look forward to talking to you. Frannie

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: trinity cert tesol course/qualification

Where are you taking it?

Post Thanks / Like

hi there, im taking it in london

artyom is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I've just finished the Trinity CertTESOL course this past week, and I can honestly say that it is a very interesting course and I think that it will be very helpful for the future. I plan to go to South Korea to teach English very soon and I think that what I have learnt on the course will prove to be invaluable.

Post Thanks / Like

hi there its nice to hear from you, did you find the course hard? what was it like standing up and teaching a class?

artyom is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I wouldn't say that the course was hard but it is definitely intensive, there's a lot of work to do. The language awareness section is a little difficult at times especially if you have never studied grammar. Standing up in front of a class for the first time can be a little unnerving especially as you will have one of the course tutors sitting at the back observing you, but by the end of the course I really enjoyed it, all of us on the course got on with the students really well and they were a very good group to teach. Teaching grammar can be a bit scary though, especially when you find out that your students know a lot more about grammar than you do!

One thing that I did notice about the course though was that it is very bureaucratic, there's a form to fill in for everything but I guess that's just so Trinity can see that you have done the work at the end.

Overall though I really enjoyed the course and would recommend it to anyone who wants to teach English.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Ive just sent off my application for a Trinity Cert TESOL course starting in November so Id be interested to hear about your experience of it. I still have the pre course task and interview stages to go through yet which Im slighly worried about. It would be great to hear how youre getting on.

xxFlame7

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there thanks for your post, i start the course tomorrow evening so i'll let you know how it goes. im looking forward to it, i have been reading through some of the course books to refresh my memory on grammar and have found that there is a lot to learn! are you doing an intensive or part time course? i have completed the pre course task it was fairly straight forward although i did have to look up in the course books to find the names for different grammatical or lexical terms. The interview process to get on the course was easier than i had expected i had to do a short task answering questions about how you would go about teaching different words,expressions, groups of students etc and correct some spelling mistakes in a short passage of writing. It was a fairly informal interview with the course tutor. I'll let you know more later in the week.
    frannie

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the course.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Frannie. Good luck with the course. The one Ive applied for is 12 weeks of distance learning then 4 weeks of classes and teaching practice. It runs until April. Are you studying part or full time?

x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast