Unregistered Guest

Default Jaffrey and the House of Seven Gables

This is a paragraph that I am writing for my 11 grade english class.

Jaffrey has five character traits that can be easily identified and attributed to him through out this novel. The first of these being that he tends to be a threatening figure. Hepzibah and Clifford are both afraid of him. Another trait being, insecurity, Jaffrey attempts to be cordial but is unsuccessful. Stern is another of his traits. Jaffrey reacted sternly with Phoebe when she refused his kiss. Jaffrey is demanding, he continually insisted on seeing Clifford. Finally, Jaffrey is presumptuous he believed that Phoebe would accept a kiss from when not foreseeing that he would be turned down. Jaffrey’s many traits are what help to build the novel to what it is as well as his character.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jaffrey and the House of Seven Gables

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a paragraph that I am writing for my 11 grade english class.

Jaffrey has five character traits that can be easily identified and attributed to him through out this novel. The first of these being that he tends to be a threatening figure. Hepzibah and Clifford are both afraid of him. Another trait being, insecurity, Jaffrey attempts to be cordial but is unsuccessful. Stern is another of his traits. Jaffrey reacted sternly with Phoebe when she refused his kiss. Jaffrey is demanding, he continually insisted on seeing Clifford. Finally, Jaffrey is presumptuous he believed that Phoebe would accept a kiss from when not foreseeing that he would be turned down. Jaffrey’s many traits are what help to build the novel to what it is as well as his character.[/quote]

All of the highlighted phrases need attention.

You must make sure your tenses all agree.
    Last edited by RonBee; 31-Jul-2007 at 05:35. Reason: fix quote