xavier18 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default methods and more

1. What is your view on the strenghts and weaknesses of the cognitive method.
    2. Do u agree that the audiolingual methot is more appropriate for children than adults?
    3. Can young children be taught grammar explicitly?why? why not? if not,what activities can be used to promote accuracy?

Thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: methods and more

Xavier18, we do not do assigments, homework related or otherwise, but your questions are important to us, and moreover, related to using language, which is why I have moved your post to the General Language Discussion Forum. I trust our members' contributions will help you gain a better understanding of the topic areas you've asked us to help you with.

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: methods and more

I think Cognitive Linguistic method has validity because linguistic structures are motivated by general cognitive processes. There are analogies between linguistic structures and other aspects of perception. Language learning cannot be separated (it is intertwined) from other types of learning. Language and cognition mutually influence one another, and are both embedded in the experiences and environments of its users. Human concept is based on interaction between mind and body and environment (network). Nothing works separately form the rest. Learning is a complex issue and should integrate all these factors. But we are still at the beginning. Psychology and brain research may help further.