• Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Post baswa

I want to know one thing from the people in this room. which thing highly helps you to learn the language. i mean somebody says that they learn english through watching television news, ad's programmes. Somebody says that writers and articles were the main motivators for their learning. just i want to know which one highly dominates the learning process?

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: baswa

What you're asking I believe is a bit personal thing. Every person has his own way of studying... One may learn fast with this program and one with the other... All you need is to find one that suits you best. For me I started with Dialogues, since what I wanted was to communicate to other people using English. After learning much from it, I noticed that I also need to develop accuracy in grammar since I'd be applying to companies. I need to be competent in using this language you see. So I suggest you seek what's best for you, where you want to learn it and why, and how...

Hope this helps...

sureshfina is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: baswa

thanks for your suggestions, of course what you are telling is correct, we can select a way which is most suitable to us. i just wanted to know a mechanism that is highly helped to the learning process. every success people have their own way. you told me that you started learning with dialogues.that's also a mechanism. do you think that mechanism was helping you much than other while you were studying? what difficult you faced and how did you noticed yourself that you should improve your accuracy?. just i wanted to learn experience from the experienced people

thanks a lot
    suresh

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sureshfina View Post
    thanks for your suggestions, of course what you are telling is correct, we can select a way which is most suitable to us. i just wanted to know a mechanism that is highly helped to the learning process. every success people have their own way. you told me that you started learning with dialogues.that's also a mechanism. do you think that mechanism was helping you much than other while you were studying? what difficult you faced and how did you noticed yourself that you should improve your accuracy?. just i wanted to learn experience from the experienced people

thanks a lot
    suresh
    Difficulty? Nothing really. I haven't noticed much of the difficulty while learning English, that is because I love learning the language that I enjoy seeing myself talking to some people using it. I just had fun that I didn't see it as something difficult or frustrating...

How did I notice my inprovement? I evaluate myself once in a while. I check my skills by how I can communicate with other people accurately. I'm not that accurate and fluent yet though I can do a lot better than when I started. I think it was almost 2 years ago. When I started, as I mentioned, I learned from dialogues. So in order to assimilate these dialogues, you need to use them and I did. I usually practice with a friend before, I just can't get through. After about 3 months I saw some developments, I could talk to people in English, and though difficult, I persevered. After two years of practice I could now talk to you in straight English but I need to learn more. And now, I am looking for native speakers to talk with, to know more about their expressions and be more accurate....

sureshfina is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your reply. it was very useful to me. thanks a lot

nyggus is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my learning consisted in reading and writing. I believe this is the most important part of the learning process. I have never focused too much on pronunciation, but when I talked to many English speaking guys it occurred I had no problems with it. Well, I do learn it but am not focusing very much on it. But it also depends on your native language.
    Reading and writing, when the latter can be checked by someone with fine knowledge of the English language, is in my eyes a very good way of learning. Not only you learn new words and their use in a context, but also you learn the very important aspects of the language: sentence structure, grammar, style, and the like.

These are just some thoughts of a learner.

Cheers,
    Nyggus

nyggus is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    I'm not that accurate and fluent yet though I can do a lot better than when I started. I think it was almost 2 years ago.
    If you started learning English two years ago, I must say I am much impressed by your knowledge of the language!
    Please accept my deepest congratulations, blouen!

Nyggus

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyggus View Post
    If you started learning English two years ago, I must say I am much impressed by your knowledge of the language!
    Please accept my deepest congratulations, blouen!

Nyggus
    Thanks, Nyggus!

Here in the Philippines, English(grammar, pronunciation...) is being taught to students since elementary chool but it never caught my attention, no, not since the last two years. It was just then that I REALLY started learning the language. I wanted to sound, speak, and think like a Native English Speaker that's why I'm learning the language so much.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not that good in English to tell you that but what I become to is not by using one way because it's really boring.

I read some English books, watch English movies and programmes, comunicate with native English speaker and non-English too, by writing a lot and some differnt things.

because just using one is boring a lot that we need to use different kind of things to like it and to make it easier.

I wish to talk and write one day like native English speaker and I am quitly sure that this will happen one day and I feel that it's soon.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lwiza View Post
    I am not that good in English to tell you that but what I become to is not by using one way because it's really boring.

I read some English books, watch English movies and programmes, communicate with native English speaker and non-English too, by writing a lot and some differnt things.

because just using one is boring a lot that we need to use different kind of things to like it and to make it easier.

I wish to talk and write one day like native English speaker and I am quitly sure that this will happen one day and I feel that it's soon.

I like your will lwiza! "What a man thinks, he is."
    If you think you will, you surely will be soon as long as you don't quit.

Yes, you're right! There are times that having only one way of studying bores us. It happens to me a lot of times. Dialogues are so boring to read again and again, especially when you think they're just simple expressions that you can just come up with whenever an occasion arise. But I also read books(I could make a library at home with my books)and watch movies, learning some new expressions I hear from the actors and read from the author's writing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast