Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: symbols

  1. #11
    Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: symbols;Tdol please

    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Beag View Post
    Tdol won't be any more use that Google. Search on those strings I gave you ("literary symbols" and "literary symbolism") and you'll find dozens of sites (I know -- I looked).

    Please don't expect any of us to spoon-feed you: you have to do something to help yourself.
    Perhaps you could be more generous and share them with us all.

  2. #12
    MrPedantic is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: symbols

    Here is a list of pictorial symbols, which might also be of use:

    List of symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    MrP

  3. #13
    MrPedantic is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: symbols

    Some more from Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable:

    Colours

    Gems & metals

    Flowers & trees

  4. #14
    Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: symbols

    Since we all give our time freely and without any charge to those participating in these forums, it is somewhat ungenerous to suggest that helping others requires financial repayment.

    If it is possible, I am always very happy to indicate where someone may find information. It shares information and can help them to develop their own techniques for searching the internet, particularly if they are working in a foreign language.

  5. #15
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy Re: symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Since we all give our time freely and without any charge to those participating in these forums, it is somewhat ungenerous to suggest that helping others requires financial repayment.

    If it is possible, I am always very happy to indicate where someone may find information. It shares information and can help them to develop their own techniques for searching the internet, particularly if they are working in a foreign language.
    I'm shocked Anglika why Niall is speaking like that
    This forum is for everybody and we must help each others and find links that we can't find for ourselves.

  6. #16
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile Re: symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPedantic View Post
    Here is a list of pictorial symbols, which might also be of use:

    List of symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    MrP
    Well, I'm speechless
    Thanks a million MrP
    I appreciate that

  7. #17
    Veron1's Avatar
    Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking Re: symbols

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPedantic View Post
    Some more from Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable:

    Colours

    Gems & metals

    Flowers & trees
    and that too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. wha tis the basice in using this symbols
    By Nader75 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-Aug-2006, 06:17
  2. Skype-Entering phonemic symbols
    By HotWombat in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-Aug-2006, 06:12
  3. phonetic symbols
    By isko_sbma in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-Jun-2006, 04:21
  4. problem with phonetic symbols
    By rogusx in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-Jan-2006, 03:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk