• Post Thanks / Like

What you think of my article?

This is my first article I write. I have written before but not as much as this. Please let me know what you think of this article and where are the mistakes I made.

START HERE

I decided to write about Ajax because so many people donít know anything about it. Most of them even never heard about it. At least thatís what I see when asking my colleagues and friends in Kuwait University.

If you have been one of the users of the internet for many years, you have noticed the tremendous improvement in web experience. From static ugly looking web pages to fully dynamic web pages with rich user experience and social contribution wikis. From a fully text web pages to highly user friendly drag and drop web applications.

There are many ways to create RIAs. The most two common methods are JavaScript (with Ajax technique) and Adobe Flash. Those two methods have played a tremendous rule on shaping the way the web interacts with users in modern website.

What is Ajax?
    Ajax is an acronym for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It is not a new technology, nor was it when the term first came out. And it is not a new technique, it has been used before the term was introduced, but only recently it gained popularity. It is based on an XML DOM which is an XMLHTTPRequest object, and it is supported by almost all browsers lately.

Why Ajax?
    The main advantage of Ajax is less resource consumption on the server side. Thatís right; you donít have to load the whole page every time a user clicks on a link. Letís take Gmail for instance, when you click on one of the links on the menu, it does not reload the whole page. Only part of the page will be reloaded. Thatís called ďCall on demandĒ, it means it only load what needed to be changed on the webpage. Google saves bandwidth by sending less data to users when navigating, and also saves CPU, RA, and many other resources. Therefore, google will pay less for providing email service to users.
    That leads to another advantage, less bandwidth consumption and faster browsing in end-users machine. It is a big bonus for business companies that rely on users to browse their websites. The faster the website is loading, the more the user will be comfortable browsing it.

Ajax is a web 2.0 standard which was defined by OíRielly, using it is a big plus. Many companiesí hires web designers just because they are familiar with web 2.0 standards. After all, web 2.0 is business hype.
    Ajax works on all servers, even the simplest one. It doesnít need an interpreter like phpís Zind Engine. All you need is a server that can show/run html web pages. Ajax can work on your local computer by just opening the webpage file!

The only disadvantage with Ajax is that it is based on open standards. That means browsers can freely change how XMLHttpRequest works. But that can easily be overcome by a common method.

END HERE

Thank you

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: What you think of my article?

Quote Originally Posted by SalehCoder View Post
    This is my first article I write. I have written before but not as much as this. Please let me know what you think of this article and where are the mistakes I made.

START HERE

I decided to write about Ajax because so many people donít know anything about it. Most of them even never heard about it. At least thatís what I see [find] when asking my colleagues and friends in Kuwait University.

If you have been one of the users of the internet for many years, you have noticed the tremendous improvement in web experience. From static ugly looking web pages to fully dynamic web pages with rich user experience and social contribution wikis. From a fully text web pages to highly user friendly drag and drop web applications.

There are many ways to create RIAs. The most two common methods are JavaScript (with Ajax technique) and Adobe Flash. Those two methods have played a tremendous rule on [part in] shaping the way the web interacts with users [the web can be used interactively] in modern website.

What is Ajax?
    Ajax is an [the] acronym for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It is not a new technology, nor was it when the term first came out [appeared]. And it is not a new technique. It had been used before the term was introduced, but only recently has it gained popularity. It is based on an XML DOM which is an XMLHTTPRequest object, and it is now supported by almost all browsers.

Why Ajax?
    The main advantage of Ajax is less resource consumption on the server side. Thatís right; you donít have to load the whole page every time a user clicks on a link. Letís take Gmail for instance. When you click on one of the links on the menu, it does not reload the whole page. Only part of the page will be reloaded. Thatís called ďCall on demandĒ, and it means it only loads what needs to be changed on the webpage. Google saves bandwidth by sending less data to users when navigating, and also saves CPU, RA, and many other resources. Therefore, Google will pay less for providing its email service to users.
    That leads to another advantage: less bandwidth consumption and faster browsing in end-users' machines. It is a big bonus for business companies that rely on users to browse their websites. The faster the website is loading, the more the user will be comfortable browsing it.

Ajax is a web 2.0 standard which was defined by OíRielly [O'Reilly]. Using it is a big plus. Many companies [no apostrophe] hire web designers just because they are familiar with web 2.0 standards. After all, web 2.0 is business hype.
    Ajax works on all servers, even the simplest. It doesnít need an interpreter like phpís Zind Engine. All you need is a server that can show/run html web pages. Ajax can work on your local computer by just opening the webpage file!

The only disadvantage with Ajax is that it is based on open standards. That means browsers can freely change how XMLHttpRequest works. But that can easily be overcome by a common method.

END HERE

Thank you
    It's fluent and shows good understanding of the topic and language. Errors and suggestions highlighted.