Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: feed and raise

  1. #1
    jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default feed and raise

    Dear teachers,

    Please read the following sentence:

    Mothers and sisters, grand-mothers and nieces all helped to _____ the children and to carry out daily tasks.
    a. feed b. raise
    The key is 'b'. My quesion is can we choose 'a'?

    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jiang

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: feed and raise

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    Dear teachers,

    Please read the following sentence:

    Mothers and sisters, grand-mothers and nieces all helped to _____ the children and to carry out daily tasks.
    a. feed b. raise
    The key is 'b'. My quesion is can we choose 'a'?

    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jiang
    Choice a. is OK, but given both a. and b. choices, though, b. is the better choice of the two. 'feed the children' is a daily task.

    All the best,

  3. #3
    jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: feed and raise

    :D

    Thank you very much for your explanation. Now I understand it perfectly.

    Jiang
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    Dear teachers,


    Please read the following sentence:

    Mothers and sisters, grand-mothers and nieces all helped to _____ the children and to carry out daily tasks.
    a. feed b. raise
    The key is 'b'. My quesion is can we choose 'a'?

    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jiang
    Choice a. is OK, but given both a. and b. choices, though, b. is the better choice of the two. 'feed the children' is a daily task.

    All the best,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: feed and raise

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    :D

    Thank you very much for your explanation. Now I understand it perfectly.

    Jiang
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    Dear teachers,


    Please read the following sentence:

    Mothers and sisters, grand-mothers and nieces all helped to _____ the children and to carry out daily tasks.
    a. feed b. raise
    The key is 'b'. My quesion is can we choose 'a'?

    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jiang
    Choice a. is OK, but given both a. and b. choices, though, b. is the better choice of the two. 'feed the children' is a daily task.

    All the best,
    You are welcome. 8)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk