Unregistered Guest

Post my essay..please drop some comments and correct th grammar mistake

Homeless youth in Seattle
    “Since 4th grade, my step dad is a heavy drinker, and he abused me mentally and physically, and he was very angry at me all the time. My mom was constantly putting me down. She would just sit there and let him beat up on me. I was always getting into trouble at school. One time, my step dad was very drunk, and he hit me so hard in my face many times. I ran away from home, and I have no place to go since then.” Nicole said.
    “I don’t know what I should do. I don’t know who I will be. Nobody wants to be homeless, but there are only a few people to help us,” She said.
    Life on the street started to come easy for her. She first ran away from home when she was 15, living on the street on and off for 3 years. Along with the University District, tends to have the highest concentrations of homeless teenagers in Seattle. They sleep under a bridge, waking up with cops shining a light in their faces and try to find food from garbage bins.
    Getting jobs are hard for homeless youth as they do not have any clothes to wear besides the filthy rags, no food, no education, and no way to wake up in the morning to go to work, if they get a job. Do you think somebody at age 18 can walk into a restaurant smelling like garbage, wearing torn up stained smelly clothes, and ask for application? Even if the restaurant or other businesses like that, give them an application form. What address can they put on it? What phone number can they give them?
    “People don’t understand how hard it would be for us to go through this. It is hard to get a job when you don’t have a place to live, nice clothes, or couldn’t go to school. Don’t forget how easier it is for other normal people with a home,” said Nicole.
    Many of the homeless youth are having problems with depression, anxiety, drugs, friends and family. They are in a place where lack of peace and tranquility. The problem of homeless teens often stems from them escaping sexual or physical abuse at home, as well a neglect, domestic violence, and drug or alcohol abuse.
    Government and non-profit agencies are offering help; however, there are not many youth are willing to go to shelters and get any help. To grow in a place that has no trust makes them hard to believe in other people. They set up some homeless services, such as Emergency Shelter Program and Emergency Food Program. According to the non- profit agency official worker, they do not have enough money to provide adequate services for homeless teens. They estimated between 850-1000 homeless youth on the street; however, they can not fully cover their needs. They need to buy new beds, food, or other services like medical, and they don’t have enough money for that. Government also provides homeless services, but it is not enough. The city of Seattle set up extra shelter beds: 75 in the City Hall basement, 80 at Seattle Center’s Rainier Room and 25 at the Frye apartment building downtown. The beds cost $1,000 a night, in addition to the 1,319 shelter beds the city funded this year. In Seattle, most homeless shelters neither provided by the government nor by non-profit agencies already were full before the cold weather. And, people slept in chairs and on the floor. Several non-profit agencies provide emergency motel vouchers already have trapped out their budgets.
    To solve this problem, for the Government, most of the youth being homeless because of family problems, so programs need to be started in the school and hoods that will help identify their problems and to protect the teenagers from their parents. Social workers should stay in the school for students find them and talk about their problem, and try to help them as much as possible from that.
    For those non-profit agencies, they can always buy some second-hand beds instead of a new one. One second-hand bed may cost only $20, and it is totally 1/5 of the cost of a new bed. We can also ask for people donations of food to provide food for the homeless youth.
    In addition, the methodologies itself of a small group of people take responsibility for a homeless person or family- does work! Asking every church, synagogue, mosque and temple in Seattle were to take one or two homeless people or families for them to living there and have a “home” to get them back on track. This is an interaction with human and it can satisfy their needs both psychologically and spiritually. In Dallas, they used this method to help homeless people and hundreds of needy folks have received help. Most congregations feel that homeless people or poor people are the responsibility of government and social welfare professionals. On the other hand, government may not have a chance to help those people. All they need is a home to give them a little bit of warm feeling, and give me an address to out on the application form, have a telephone number to write on the paper and clean clothes to wear to get a job, get money to start over a life. People make donations for the hurricane victims, so why not those homeless people? Nationally, there are more than 1.3 million churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and other non-profit agencies, most of which have “meeting human need” in their chapters. Donations to them are tax deductible. Soon, the homeless youth problem will decrease.
    None of these will happen without people help. To live in this world, we need to be mutual aid and cooperation, and then the homeless problem will decrease. Youth is our future mainstay. With a well-education or well-parenting, they can be very successful in this world. They need to get a place to live before they get a job and go back on track. Being homeless is not the thing they wanted to happen in part of their lives. A bit of warm feeling and love will satisfy them easily.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: my essay..please drop some comments and correct th grammar mistake

I don't think that's a real quote, so I think we can change things to the way we want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Homeless youth in Seattle

“Since 4th grade, my step dad is a heavy drinker, and he abused me mentally and physically, and he was very angry at me all the time. My mom was constantly putting me down. She would just sit there and let him beat up on me. I was always getting into trouble at school. One time, my step dad was very drunk, and he hit me so hard in my face many times. I ran away from home, and I have no place to go since then.” Nicole said.
    Homeless Youth in Seattle

Since I have been in the fourth grade my dad has been a heavy drinker. He abused me mentally and physically, and he was very angry at me all the time. My mom was constantly putting me down. She would do nothing to stop my stepdad from beating me. Once she sat and watched him beat me up. I was always getting into trouble at school. One time my stepdad was very drunk and he hit me hard in the face many times. I ran away from home, and I have had no place to go since then.
    That should give you an idea of the way things need to be changed.

~R