Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Down this way PLEASE!

    Hi everybody in this great forum, long time no see hah.
    I wrote this essay answering the following question, I'd like to hear from you guys. Thank you very much.

    the question is :

    Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
    Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.
    Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

    And the essay comes:

    The happiest period of a person's life is the childhood. In the child hood things looked different. No doubt that we don't look to many aspects of the life through the same prospective that the children do. Therefore, in my opinion, that what makes the childhood so unique and so different. Friendship, family and wealth all these words have special definitions in the childhood dictionary.

    When I used to be a child I never had a long-lasted envy or agony against any other child, neither had the other children. We were all kids innocently playing together going to school together. If we had some troubles with each other it doesn't take too long tell we come back playing and forgetting what really happed. I'm not saying that we don't have friends anymore, it's a case of childhood innocence.

    Connections between family members in this period are as solid as they could be. All the family members live under on ceiling inside one lovely home. Every morning I would see my motherís beautiful face, which I rarely see it nowadays. It's true that fathers were the toughest on us. However, when someone grows up he or she realize then how lucky they were to have a father.

    At any age money is the dilemma, or let's say financial issues. The child is clean-minded about this point. Thanks to the parents who had been struggling to make us happy all the time. This problem gets bigger as the child gets older and starts thinking of methods to get at least adequate money for living.

    For these reasons I can tell that there isn't such a great life as the childhood. Friendship and family coherence and more many factors reach their pinnacles at this duration making it the happiest and the best time ever in ones life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Down this way PLEASE!

    No response! Does that mean the essay is perfect?

  3. #3
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Down this way PLEASE!

    A couple of brief comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by a_k_m View Post
    The happiest period of a person's life is the childhood. In the child hood things looked different. No doubt that we don't look to many aspects of the life through the same prospective that the children do. Therefore, in my opinion, that what makes the childhood so unique and so different. Friendship, family and wealth all these words have special definitions in the childhood dictionary.
    Don't use the before childhood. Say:
    The happiest period of a person's life is childhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_k_m View Post
    When I used to be a child I never had a long-lasted envy or agony against any other child, neither had the other children. We were all kids innocently playing together going to school together. If we had some troubles with each other it doesn't take too long tell we come back playing and forgetting what really happed. I'm not saying that we don't have friends anymore, it's a case of childhood innocence.


    Say:
    When I was a child....
    Quote Originally Posted by a_k_m View Post
    Connections between family members in this period are as solid as they could be. All the family members live under on ceiling inside one lovely home. Every morning I would see my motherís beautiful face, which I rarely see it nowadays. It's true that fathers were the toughest on us. However, when someone grows up he or she realize then how lucky they were to have a father.


    Say:
    ...are as solid as they can be.

    how lucky they were to have had a father.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_k_m View Post
    At any age money is the dilemma, or let's say financial issues. The child is clean-minded about this point. Thanks to the parents who had been struggling to make us happy all the time. This problem gets bigger as the child gets older and starts thinking of methods to get at least adequate money for living.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_k_m View Post


    For these reasons I can tell that there isn't such a great life as the childhood. Friendship and family coherence and more many factors reach their pinnacles at this duration making it the happiest and the best time ever in ones life.
    Life is never better than when you are a child, because you have no worries then.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Down this way PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    A couple of brief comments.

    Life is never better than when you are a child, because you have no worries then.
    That is the summary, Thank you very much RunBee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •