Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pls can anyone give me a hand!!

Hi teachers,

Would you please check it out for my essay?

Many thanks!!

It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books.
    In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? (Topic)

Knowledge is something that you can easy to acquire by reading books, but you cannot deeply understand it unless and until you implement it in your practical life. I personally feel that knowledge gained from experience is more important from books. In this essay, I will argue how books are useless in our daily life.

In many advanced nations, students are well educated, most of them graduated from college, but still there are a large number of students who cannot find jobs when they left to the school. The main reason is that they do not have any work experience. Take me for an example, I have applied for five jobs, but no one hires me because many companies prefer the applicants who have work experience rather than high education.

Sometimes people have acquired knowledge through reading books, but they still could not completely understand it. For example, if one needs to write a book about a culture from other country, one should start by going there and being experienced it and felt it practically. Books can only let them know about the surface of the culture and it is impossible to make them completely understand all the aspects of the culture.

In conclusion, knowledge gained from experience is practical, whereas knowledge gained from books is theoretical. Books only provide us a theoretical framework about what the information is, but when come to the feelings books are helpless. There is a proverb, “Experience is a good teacher.” Which tell us that we learn from our experience and practical life.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pls can anyone give me a hand!!

It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books.
    In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? (Topic)

Knowledge is something you can easily acquire by reading books, but you cannot deeply understand it unless you implement it in your practical life. I personally feel that knowledge gained from experience is more important than from books. In this essay, I will argue how books are useless in our daily life.

In many advanced nations, students are well educated: most of them graduated from college, but still there are a large number of students who cannot find jobs when they leave school. The main reason is that they do not have any work experience. Take me for example: I have applied for five jobs, but no one hires me because many companies prefer applicants who have work experience rather than higher education.

Sometimes people have acquired knowledge through reading books, but they still could not completely understand it. For example, if one needs to write a book about a culture from other country, one should start by going there, experience it and feel it practically. Books can only let them know about the surface of the culture and it is impossible for books to convey all the aspects of the culture.

In conclusion, knowledge gained from experience is practical, whereas knowledge gained from books is theoretical. Books only provide us a theoretical framework about what the information is, but when it comes to feelings, books are (helpless??? - not as helpful). There is a proverb, “Experience is a good teacher.” This tells us that we learn from our experience and practical life.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi das1404,

Thanks for your help.

skymoon

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by skymoon View Post

Knowledge is something that you can easy to acquire by reading books, but you cannot deeply understand it unless and until you implement it in your practical life. I personally feel that knowledge gained from experience is more important from books. In this essay, I will argue how books are useless in our daily life.
    Knowledge is something that you can easily acquire by reading books. but you cannot deeply understand that knowledge unless you put it to practical use. It is my opinion that knowledge gained from experience is more important than knowledge gained from books. In this essay, I will argue that books are useless in our daily lives.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In many advanced nations, students are well educated, most of them graduated from college, but still there are a large number of students who cannot find jobs when they left to the school. The main reason is that they do not have any work experience. Take me for an example, I have applied for five jobs, but no one hires me because many companies prefer the applicants who have work experience rather than high education.
    In many advanced nations, people are well-educated, many of them college graduates, but there are a large number of people who cannot find jobs once they leave school. The main reason for that is that they do not have any work experience. Take me, for example. I have applied for five jobs, but no one has been willing to hire me, because many companies prefer people with work experience to those with college degrees.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes people have acquired knowledge through reading books, but they still could not completely understand it. For example, if one needs to write a book about a culture from other country, one should start by going there and being experienced it and felt it practically. Books can only let them know about the surface of the culture and it is impossible to make them completely understand all the aspects of the culture.
    Sometimes people have acquired knowledge through reading books, but they have not aquired the kind of knowledge they could have acquired through experience. For example, if you want to write a book about a place (a foreign country, for example) it is best to go there and experience what it is like in person. A book can only tell you so much about a place.
    In conclusion, knowledge gained from experience is practical, whereas knowledge gained from books is theoretical. Books only provide us a theoretical framework about what the information is, but when come to the feelings books are helpless. There is a proverb, “Experience is a good teacher.” Which tell us that we learn from our experience and practical life.
    In conclusion, knowledge gained from experience is practical, whereas knowledge gained from books is theoretical. There is a proverb, "Experience is the best teacher," which tells us that we learn from doing.
    ~R

Post Thanks / Like

RonBee,

Thank you!!