tired_me Guest

Default Transition Sentences - NEED help now!

I need help thinking of a transition sentence for my short interview report. This is the paragraph:
    During our discussion, we talked about Gordon Campbell and his Liberal party. Specifically, my mother and I focused on Mr. Campbell’s role as a decision maker. For this subject matter, we commented upon how his decisions are not always in the best interest for most people. Likewise, we also focused on several conflicting issues that exist within our province. In particular, my mother talked about the transit strike, tuition fees, and gas prices

At the end of this paragraph, I need a transition sentence to flow to my next paragraph, which will begin to talk about Mr. Campbell's role as a decision maker.

Can anyone help? and is there any grammar and punctuation mistakes in that paragraph?

MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Transition Sentences - NEED help now!

Quote Originally Posted by tired_me
    I need help thinking of a transition sentence for my short interview report. This is the paragraph:
    During our discussion, we talked about Gordon Campbell and his Liberal party. Specifically, my mother and I focused on Mr. Campbell’s role as a decision maker. For this subject matter, we commented upon how his decisions are not always in the best interest for most people. Likewise, we also focused on several conflicting issues that exist within our province. In particular, my mother talked about the transit strike, tuition fees, and gas prices

At the end of this paragraph, I need a transition sentence to flow to my next paragraph, which will begin to talk about Mr. Campbell's role as a decision maker.

Can anyone help? and is there any grammar and punctuation mistakes in that paragraph?
    During our discussion, we talked about Gordon Campbell and his Liberal party. Specifically, my mother and I focused on Mr. Campbell’s role as a decision maker. For this subject matter, we commented on his decisions not always being in the best interest of most people. Likewise, we also focused on several issues that exist within our province. In particular, my mother talked about the transit strike, tuition fees, and gas prices.

It is difficult to form a transition sentence if one doesn't have the next paragraph. You might try: She felt that Mr. Campbell's decision-making in those areas had been particularly bad.

You could then discuss the specifics. :wink: