Thread: Thesis abstract

Post Thanks / Like

Thesis abstract

Hi,

I am writing an abstract for my thesis. I know that it should be complete, concise, self-contained etc. All this requirements make it difficult to write a good abstract. At the same time, abstracts are probably the only thing which people will read. I am so deep in my topic, that I cannot see whether it is clear enough.
    I would appriciate if someone from outside with a fresh eye (can I say so?) could proofread it and correct it whenever it is necessary.

Thank you in advance!
    Olichka

Soil Carbon Sequestration (SCS) through reduced tillage is economically viable measure to offset greenhouse gas emissions. To account for the amount of soil carbon sequestered various assumptions are imposed. However, failure to account for temporal heterogeneity of carbon sinks can lead to wrong estimates. Therefore, the objective of this research is to identify and to compare different methods accounting for SCS in reduced tillage system. The findings of this research indicate that many studies accounting for SCS do not formally address the issues of temporal heterogeneity in their accounting equations. Despite of all potential shortcomings, the author believes that this research provides a useful overview of the methods accounting for SCS. Furthermore, it is recommended to relax assumptions which are imposed in current accounting equations and to develop more generalized approach of SCS accounting.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thesis abstract

Quote Originally Posted by Olichka2 View Post
    Hi,

I am writing an abstract for my thesis. I know that it should be complete, concise, self-contained etc. All this requirements make it difficult to write a good abstract. At the same time, abstracts are probably the only thing which people will read. I am so deep in my topic, that I cannot see whether it is clear enough.
    I would appriciate if someone from outside with a fresh eye (can I say so?) could proofread it and correct it whenever it is necessary.

Thank you in advance!
    Olichka

Soil Carbon Sequestration (SCS) through reduced tillage is an economically viable measure to offset greenhouse gas emissions. To account for the amount of soil carbon sequestered, various assumptions are imposed. However, failure to account for temporal heterogeneity of carbon sinks can lead to wrong estimates. Therefore, the objective of this research is to identify and to compare different methods of accounting for SCS in reduced tillage systems. The findings of this research indicate that many studies accounting for SCS do not formally address the issues of temporal heterogeneity in their accounting equations. Despite potential shortcomings, the author believes that this research provides a useful overview of the methods of accounting for SCS. Furthermore, it is recommended that assumptions which are imposed in current accounting equations should be relaxed and a more generalized approach to SCS accounting be developed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Anglika!

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome