Thread: auroal form

Anonymous Guest

auroal form

Hi,

I got difficulty understanding the following paragraph. Could anyone help me out of it? Thanks a lot.

When we presume a subject that tries to understand what it experiences (and the object - that is to say, Thing-in-Itself - becomes the terminus a quo), then, even before the formation of the chain of interpretants, there comes into play a process of interpreting the world that, especially in the case of novel or unkonwn object, assumes an "auroal" form, made up through trial and error; but this is already semiosis in progress, which calls pre-established cultural systems into question.

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got difficulty understanding the following paragraph.
    So do I.
    Red5
    Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: auroal form

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry
    Hi,

I got difficulty understanding the following paragraph. Could anyone help me out of it? Thanks a lot.

When we presume a subject that tries to understand what it experiences (and the object - that is to say, Thing-in-Itself - becomes the terminus a quo), then, even before the formation of the chain of interpretants, there comes into play a process of interpreting the world that, especially in the case of novel or unkonwn object, assumes an "auroal" form, made up through trial and error; but this is already semiosis in progress, which calls pre-established cultural systems into question.
    auroal form means, free flowing form

auroal is the adjective of aurora which is a luminous meteoric phenomenon popularly called Northern Lights. Click Here to see pictures of North Lights

MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry
    Hi,

I have no idea what the paragraph attempts to say, but it does so very badly. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like

How about this.

When we presume a subject (a Person) that tries to understand what it experiences (and the object - that is to say, Thing-in-Itself (Meaning)- becomes the terminus a quo (the origin from which understanding the Meaning begins), then, even before the formation of the chain of interpretants (Understanding/comprehension), there comes into play a process of interpreting the world that, especially in the case of novel or unknown object, assumes an "auroal" form (a free flowing form of ideas), made up through trial and error; but this is already semiosis (The development of Meaning) in progress, which calls pre-established cultural systems (What we perceive to be true is all that we know)into question.

Say, "I am having trouble/difficulty understanding...."

All the best,