Thread: Persuasive

Post Thanks / Like

Persuasive

Hello Teacher, I'm Luong, a member of usingenglish.com. My teacher in class gives me a topic and wants me present at class. It is persuasive. The presentation include 3 parts: Definition, Explain and Examples to illustrate. I'm preparing about this project, here:
    "Persuasive is an adjective, intended or having the power to induce action or belief.
    As we know, the progress of causing someone to change their mind can be difficult, so that they believe what you say, your arguments need persuasive. When you persuade, you have to give and prove points, which will change the audience's opinion or clarify the issue. This points must be strong and clear, as much as they can't oppose. So, in a presentation, persuasive is very important to make success for the presentation...(Finally examples)."
    I want to have some advice from you, thank you very much.

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persuasive

Quote Originally Posted by l2v View Post
    Hello Teacher, I'm Luong, a member of usingenglish.com. My teacher in class gives me a topic and wants me present at class. It is persuasive. The presentation include 3 parts: Definition, Explain and Examples to illustrate. I'm preparing about this project, here:
    "Persuasive is an adjective, intended or having the power to induce action or belief.
    As we know, the progress of causing someone to change their mind can be difficult, so that they believe what you say, your arguments need persuasive. When you persuade, you have to give and prove points, which will change the audience's opinion or clarify the issue. This points must be strong and clear, as much as they can't oppose. So, in a presentation, persuasive is very important to make success for the presentation...(Finally examples)."
    I think you mean that you will be doing a persuasive speech in class. You will persuade them to believe/agree on your opinion based on the facts that you may cite. You are given one topic to discuss. Speeches basically have three parts. The introduction, body, and your conclusion. SO you need to make your speech in this manner too.
    I believe that the definition may come in the introduction or the body. This is the part where you show them the topic to be talked about. Then you discuss the topic, give your opinion, and explanations. And the Examples would be to further support your opinion. This is to show them that there are great others who already agreed to your stand. Then the Conclusion comes....
    I'm not sure if I gave you what you wanted. I hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know that. My group have 4 members, and my responsibility is explaining about "persuasive". And I want you give me your opinion about that. In your oppinion, what is "persuasive" and explain it. Thanks.

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know that. My group have 4 members, and my responsibility is explaining about "persuasive". And I want you give me your opinion about that. In your oppinion, what is "persuasive" and explain it. Thanks.
    Ok, I just have this saying I remember:

"Great talkers are great liars."

- Great talkers are persuasive people but beware they could be great liars too.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Teacher, I'm Luong, a member of usingenglish.com. My teacher in class gives me a topic and wants me present it in class. It is "persuasive". The presentation include 3 parts: Definition, Explain and Examples to illustrate. I'm preparing about this project, as here:
    "Persuasive is an adjective, meaning intended or having the power to induce action or belief.
    As we know, the progress [process] of causing someone to change their mind can be difficult, so that they believe what you say, your arguments need persuasive.[your arguments must be persuasive to persuade them to believe what they say.] When you persuade, you have to give[present] and prove points, which will change the audience's [person's] opinion or clarify the issue. These points must be strong and clear, as much as they can't oppose.[so that they cannot be opposed] So, in a presentation, being persuasive is very important to make success for the presentation [in order to make the presentation a success]..(Finally examples)."
    What are your examples?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Examples aren't my responsibility. I only want you give me your opinion about my explain about "persuasive". Very thank you because you checked my misses, and can you give me your ideas about explaining "persuasive" ? Thank so much