The usage of proper names as slang words.VERY short questionnaire
1.Do you often use slang words?
2.Do you often use proper names as slang words?
a)Yes, I definitely use them
b)I never use them. There is no need to…
3.Tick off the words you use in your everyday speech.
If you can not find the words you use in this list, please, write your favorite:*
Sharon and Tracy
Marks and Sparks
Batman and Robin
4.Match the following names of groups with the slang words from question #3. Put the appropriate number of the group next to the slang word that can be suitable. Many variants possible.
1. Names, surnames, nicknames;
2. Names of countries and certain areas (cities, famous places, buildings);
3. Nicknames of nations (often offensive);
4. Names and nicknames of brands;
5. Rhyming slang (proper names that are used in slang for rhyming; so-called rhyming slang): e.g. Oliver Twist—fist; Gloria Gaynors—trainers.
If you think there are no good examples for each group, please, provide them yourself
5. Please, write your thoughts on this topic; everything that can be useful for our investigation: _________________________________________________
Thanks for your help.