• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kindly Reveiw CV/Resume, for MD post

I have made this CV for a recruiting agency. I would appreciate any remark on this CV on everything from style to content, grammar and vocabulary used, punctuation and capitalization, and any other idea.
    Some of my questions are:
    Do I nee a cover letter with this CV for the above propose.
    I think my summary might be too lengthy, shall I eliminate it and include it in cover letter if one is needed. Is its content suitable for a cover letter?
    The CV is in two pages instead one, does it matter?

Many thanks, again, for your invaluable feedbacks and assistance.

SH. O. GH.
    175 between East 3-4 Ave. XXX Street
    Town, City, 654164, Country
    +x 545 11431
    SUMMARY
    A highly motivated and dedicated 29 year old general practitioner (GP) with practical work experience in conducting evidence based medicine during16th month compulsory national service, as a GP in xxx health .Appreciates the importance of “evidence based medicine” has executed surveys to gather appropriate data related to the most daily encountered medical problems. Committed to humanitarian activities with a two-week voluntary work for Red Crescent during the very first days of catastrophic xx earthquake (date), dealt with natural disaster of massive number of casualties and lots of emergencies. Two month internship and one month clerkship in a rural health clinic being familiarized with the health system and policies in rural area and being under supervision responsible for daily patient care and visits, handling and updating patients records, doing patients follow-ups, vaccination, pregnancy and pediatric routine cares, birth control, consultation, monitoring community health and addressing any health problem emerged in the area. Proposing a survey during this period to find out the reasons of registered patients to fail to follow up their routing visits with a consequent 23 percent increase in their attendance. The rest of internship was in a large medical center in xxx city, trained on a wide array of medical skills in all medical disciplines. Understands the value of research in medicine and been interested in conducting practical researches to bring better solutions to medical problems and updated treatments to practice. Always being eager to connect my current knowledge to perpetual stream of new medical breakthroughs and practices through reading reputable medical journals, simultaneously being critical to new article and research papers form content and methodology perspectives. Playing Basketball has taught me the value of teamwork. Studied medicine a medical school listed in WHO and IMED directories of medical schools.

WORK EXPERIENCE
    XXX Health Clinic, city, country ( 2006 - Jun, 2007)
    General Practitioner (GP)

For after-graduation compulsory National Service, served in the above health clinic as GP, handling primary health care issues , emergency settings, psychiatric cases, and being responsible for executing comprehensive patient workout, providing full medical and psychiatric consultation, figuring out patients diagnostic and therapeutic plan including: drug prescription, requesting x-rays and labs, referring to higher medical centers and appropriate specialties. Implemented problem-oriented surveys and researches to promote comprehensive evidence based-medicine health care and patient management resulted in undertaking preventive and educational measures to reduce the number of patients with low back pain, knee pain, depression, peptic ulcer, headache altogether by 19 percent within eight months follow-up. Worked with three other doctors, seven nurses, and ten physician assistances, was responsible for monitoring nurses and assistances work, coordinating personnel, and scheduling night shifts.

Ministry of Health and Medical Education, country (June, 2007) permanent medical Practice Certificate no.5683

Medical Council, Country P.O. Box: 358454 (December, 2005)
    Medical Council. no. 3842

Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Country (December, 2005)
    Temporary Medical Practice Certificate no.617

EDUCATION
    Name of University XXX Branch, Town, City, Country (23 September 1997 - August, 2005)
    Doctorate of Medicine (MD)
    Medicine Cum. GPA: 16.75 (out of 20.00)
    Thesis: XXX association with XXX Infection in pediatrics Grade: 20.00 (out of 20.00)
    • Internship: Name of Medical Center City, Country (23 September, 2003 – 25 August 2005)
    • Clerkship: Name of Medical Center, City, Country (February, 2001- September, 2003)
    Researches X Club P.O. Box: 454, Town, City, Country (2005 – present)
    Researcher no. 23679

3rd National Medical Congress of Young Researchers, Town, City, Country (December, 2003)
    Moderate Physical Activity in Female ...

First National University Medical Congress (October, 2000)
    Internet Application in Medicine Workshop

Name of Pre-University Center, Town, City, Country (1995 – June, 1996)
    Pre-University Diploma
    Experimental Science Cum. GPA: 18.58 (out of 20.00)

Name of High School, Town, City, Country (1993 – June, 1995)
    High School Diploma
    Experimental Science Cum. GPA: 18.39 (out of 20.00)

SKILLS
    Language
    IELTS Overall Band Score 7.5 Listening 8.0 Reading 8.5 Writing 7.0 Speaking 7.0 (2007)

TOEFL Paper-Based Total Score 650 (out of 675) Test of Written English 5 (out of 6) (2006)

French Language Basic to Intermediate 12 month evening classes (2006 - present)
    Clinical
    Excellent doctor-patient communicational skills, knowledgeable in conducting evidence-based medicine
    Experienced in: Evidence-Based Clinical Practice, IV line insertion-injection, IM injection, Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) sampling, Paracentesis, Suturing, Tracheal Intubation, CPR, Nasogastric tube insertion (NGT).
    Under supervision: Lumbar Puncture, Pleural Tap, and Plastering
    Research
    Knowledgeable in research methodology, Experienced with research proposition and proposals organization, Teamwork conscious.
    Computer
    Internet application in medicine, SPSS statistical software, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozila Firefox, Norton Antivirus, Kaspersky Antivirus, Bitdefender Antivirus, PCcillin Antivirus. Familiar with: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft FrontPage.
    Sports
    Proficient in playing Basketball, Amateur Bodybuilding Experience, Experience with training bodybuilders

5th National Universities Student Games: Gold medal in Basketball (summer, 2000)
    Name of University intra-university Basketball Games: Bronze Medal (winter, 2001)
    Name of Youth Basketball Team: won several medals (nationally well-known basket ball team) (1993 - 1997)

VOLUNTEER WORK
    XX Earthquake, Town, City, Country.
    Name of Red Crescent Organization (200-)
    Two-week voluntary work in earthquake-stricken name of town, Involved in on-the-field: Triage, Primary Medical Care and Services, Providing Basic Treatments, Assisting specialties in minor surgeries, Handling with emergencies, CPR, Cooperation with Foreign Aide Groups and connecting them to Iranian health authorities and services.

HONORS and AWARDS
    3rd National Medical Congress of Young Researchers, Town, City, Country (December, 2003)
    Best Article Award: Moderate Physical Activity in Female ...

Pre-Internship Clinical Knowledge Examination Nationwide (September, 200- )
    Above 99 percentile nationwide, Ranked 3rd among xx University All branches Nationwide.

PERSONAL INTERESTS
    Playing Basketball from very young age has taught me to appreciate team work and self-sacrifice and be well versed in time management. Other interests: Reading., Table Tennis, Foreign Languages, world history and civilizations, Internet, Climbing, Hiking, Music, Computer.
    Last edited by lonelymelody; 17-Aug-2007 at 12:23.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kindly Reveiw CV/Resume, for MD post

Say:
    feedback

29-year-old

evidence-based medicine

during a 16-month compulsory national service

most often encountered medical problems

a two-week voluntary mission for Red Crescent

updating patients' records, doing follow-ups, vaccinations, pregnancy and routine pediatric care

rural areas

has been interested in conducting practical research

~R
    Last edited by RonBee; 20-Aug-2007 at 08:09.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Say:
    addressed any health problems that emerged in the area.
    Proposed a survey during this period to find out the reasons that registered patients failed to follow up their routine visits....
    trained in a wide variety of medical skills
    ~R

lonelymelody is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi RonBee,

Thanks a lot for your very helpful feedback

I'll update the resume according to your comments and post it here again for your kind review

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Say:
    practical research
    The word research is rarely, if ever, pluralized.

Also, say always eager instead of always being eager.

~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonelymelody View Post
    Understands the value of research in medicine and been interested in conducting practical researches to bring better solutions to medical problems and updated treatments to practice. Always being eager to connect my current knowledge to perpetual stream of new medical breakthroughs and practices through reading reputable medical journals, simultaneously being critical to new article and research papers form content and methodology perspectives. Playing Basketball has taught me the value of teamwork. Studied medicine a medical school listed in WHO and IMED directories of medical schools.
    Say:
    Understands the value of research in medicine and has been interested in conducting practical research to bring better solutions to medical problems and updated treatments to practice. Always eager to connect my current knowledge to the perpetual stream of new medical breakthroughs and practices through reading reputable medical journals, simultaneously being critical to new articles and research papers from content and methodology perspectives. Playing Basketball has taught me the value of teamwork. Studied medicine at a medical school listed in WHO and IMED directories of medical schools.
    Please note any additions or deletions. Also, I will answer any questions I can answer.

~R