Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 46,659
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #11
    So a 'wimin pool' is not a singles bar?

  1. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    So a 'wimin pool' is not a singles bar?
    In Vietnamese it is. 8)

  2. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #13
    Re:
    • I sat on an apple pie,
      Looking at a butterfly.


    That one works because not only does it rhyme but it is humorous. :)

    Blacknomi, have you looked through the couplets thread? You might find some there that you can use. Go to: http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/vi...amp;highlight=. If you need more I can write more. Just tell me what you need. I am the rhyming specialist here.

    :wink:


    • Join Date: Apr 2004
    • Posts: 1,814
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Re:
    • I sat on an apple pie,
      Looking at a butterfly.


    That one works because not only does it rhyme but it is humorous. :)

    :wink:

    Take that. ==>@->--

  3. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Re:
    • I sat on an apple pie,
      Looking at a butterfly.


    That one works because not only does it rhyme but it is humorous. :)

    :wink:

    Take that. ==>@->--
    Okay. What should I do with it?

    :wink:


    • Join Date: Apr 2004
    • Posts: 1,814
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Re:
    • I sat on an apple pie,
      Looking at a butterfly.


    That one works because not only does it rhyme but it is humorous. :)

    :wink:

    Take that. ==>@->--
    Okay. What should I do with it?

    :wink:
    Put it in a vase. Water it. Keep it alive. ~

    |\
    | @
    |
    | <== No Good.

    @
    |
    |
    | <== LOL! LOL!

  4. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 20,267
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Re:
    • I sat on an apple pie,
      Looking at a butterfly.


    That one works because not only does it rhyme but it is humorous. :)

    :wink:

    Take that. ==>@->--
    Okay. What should I do with it?

    :wink:
    Put it in a vase. Water it. Keep it alive. ~

    |\
    | @
    |
    | <== No Good.

    @
    |
    |
    | <== LOL! LOL!

  5. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #18
    Thanks, Mike.

    :wink:

  6. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 20,267
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Thanks, Mike.

    :wink:
    You're welcome, Ron. :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Are these sentences correct?
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-Jun-2008, 03:59
  2. Correct mistakes in passage
    By Wai_Wai in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2008, 07:27
  3. Correct English-urgent request to correct sentences
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-Nov-2006, 18:25
  4. Is this sentence correct?
    By smudla123 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-Aug-2004, 18:03
  5. Correct tense and "s"
    By raelynn in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2004, 20:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •