Need HELP PLEASE!!!
How do you find defininition of the suffix?
I need to find the definition of the suffix able in the word deplorable
Could you please tell me how to find this information and what it is?
Thank you !!!
Re: Need HELP PLEASE!!!
There is no "definition" of the suffix "-able"
A suffix that forms adjectives from verbs and nouns.
1. That which can be — ed: Enjoyable = that which can be enjoyed.
2. Giving —; suitable for —: Comfortable = giving comfort.
3. Inclined to — ed: Peaceable = inclined to peace.
4. Deserving to be — ed: Lovable = deserving to be loved.
5. Liable to be — ed: Breakable = liable to be broken.
deplorable > that which is to be deplored