Post Thanks / Like

Default do not want to look illiterate

Native speakers!
    I am sending this letter to UK. I feel embarrassed writing to a native speaker. Could anyone please check it? I do not want to look illiterate in front of my future employer. Especially, I have certain troubles with the articles.

Thanks in advance,
    Olichka

I have just booked an appointment at the British Embassy in Amsterdam to obtain a visa. Unfortunately, they are very busy and the nearliest available date is September 11. In this case, I guess, it is rather dangerous to buy a ticket for September 12 as I may get the visa not the same day. What do you think?

To obtain the visa I need to provide not only invitation letter (which I already have), but also a document where it is stated that all travel and accommodation expenses will be paid by the University.

Furthermore, in my application form I need to specify place (e.g. address) where I am going to stay. I know that you was planning to send me this information coming Friday.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do not want to look illiterate

Quote Originally Posted by Olichka2 View Post
    Native speakers!
    I am sending this letter to UK. I feel embarrassed writing to a native speaker. Could anyone please check it? I do not want to look illiterate in front of my future employer. Especially, I have certain troubles with the articles.

Thanks in advance,
    Olichka

I have just booked an appointment at the British Embassy in Amsterdam to obtain a visa. Unfortunately, they are very busy and the nearliest [earliest] available date is September 11. In this case, I think it is rather dangerous to buy a ticket for September 12 as I may not get the visa the same day. What do you think?

To obtain the visa I need to provide not only an invitation letter (which I already have), but also a document where it is stated that all travel and accommodation expenses will be paid by the University.

Furthermore, in my application form I need to specify the place (e.g. address) where I am going to stay. I know that you were planning to send me this information this coming Friday I look forward to receiving it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do not want to look illiterate

Thank you very much, Anglika!