Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: road direction

  1. #1
    Anonymous Guest

    road direction

    Thank you Teacher Casiopea.

    How to answer the question" In what direction does the
    3rd street go?" ?

    Can I say : It goes North to South. ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: road direction

    A: In what direction does 3rd street go?
    B: It goes/runs North.

    All the best, :D

  3. #3
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: road direction

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    A: In what direction does 3rd street go?
    B: It goes/runs North.

    All the best, :D
    Hmmm. That would be OK for one way streets or situations where one is standing at the origin. What about streets that go both ways?

  4. #4
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    44,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    It runs from north to south.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: road direction

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    A: In what direction does 3rd street go?
    B: It goes/runs North.

    All the best, :D
    Hmmm. That would be OK for one way streets or situations where one is standing at the origin. What about streets that go both ways?
    Good point!

    Mike, I'm never asking you for directions.

  6. #6
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: road direction

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    A: In what direction does 3rd street go?
    B: It goes/runs North.

    All the best, :D
    Hmmm. That would be OK for one way streets or situations where one is standing at the origin. What about streets that go both ways?
    Good point!

    Mike, I'm never asking you for directions.
    LOL! That's probably a good thing. :wink:

  7. #7
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    It runs from north to south.
    Again that sounds unidirectional. How about north and south? :wink:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    It runs from north to south.
    Again that sounds unidirectional. How about north and south? :wink:
    That's it. :D

    Runs north, south.

    Sounds greeeat. 8)

  9. #9
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    It runs from north to south.
    Again that sounds unidirectional. How about north and south? :wink:
    That's it. :D

    Runs north, south.

    Sounds greeeat. 8)
    8) 8) 8) 8)

Similar Threads

  1. when you come to a fork in the road, take it
    By welldone in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-Aug-2004, 07:00
  2. road direction
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-May-2004, 09:52
  3. road
    By yuiyui in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-May-2004, 20:19
  4. for you on the road
    By navi tasan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Jul-2003, 02:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •