nimsooze is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

circuits of libidinal intensity

"Postmodernism must have been true for a very long time , long before anybody had even heard of the circuits of libidinal intensity."
    For everyone you like , please tell me what means this phrase? Is this an allusion or so to something?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: circuits of libidinal intensity

Libido (noun), libidinal (adjective); libidinal intensity (noun), according to French post-structuralist philosopher Lyotard (1924-1998), sexual feelings and desires.

CHOMAT is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea View Post
    Libido (noun), libidinal (adjective); libidinal intensity (noun), according to French post-structuralist philosopher Lyotard (1924-1998), sexual feelings and desires.
    This expression might also be replaced in the peculiar context of post-modernism. The libidinal economy according to Lyotard and to say it briefly ( nonrational forces)plays a significant part in our vision or reality . Lyotard stressed the fact that death drives (thanatos) was a motor for art ( or is it the other way round ?). It is commonplace to say that postmodernists debunked the power of reason and pointed the necessity of pleasure and art recreations. Lyotard also highlighted the place of affect and difference in many fields even in politics. He turned himself to psychanalytic tenets and borrowed psychanalytic expressions. However I insist on the point that his work can't simply be summarised as a psychanalytic proposition.

nimsooze is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

merci CHOMAT
    est il possible m'aider dans la sujet "postmodernism?

CHOMAT is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

I congratulate your for your French, How impressive ! Persian, English and French what else ?
    I'm afraid I could not help you properly. I know the gist of postmodernism but I lack articulation and accuracy.
    There are some people I know on this very site who could give you a clear and exhaustive explanation of postmodernism.
    Alain