1) Do computers interest you?
MY ANSWER: Do you find computers interesting?
2) I donít know many people who speak Chinese.
MY ANSWER: Few of the people that I know can speak Chinese.
3) ďWhy didnít you make an appointment earlier?Ē the doctor asked her.
MY ANSWER: The doctor wanted to know why she hadnít made an appointment earlier.
4) They have promised the secretary a substantial rise.
MY ANSWER: The secretary was promised a substantial rise.
5) Alcohol is bad for you and so are cigarettes.
MY ANSWER: Neither alcohol nor cigarettes are good for you.