drakamge is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A essay for SATs

Thank you for your reading, please revise my essay and mark it at a SATs standard :)

A wise man will make more opportunities, than he finds. -Bacon

It's been true. Without opportunities, geniuses can do nothing. And all wise men are ready for opportunities. And to make an opportunities is not merely serve for finding, also serve for a motivated mind. We know that many geniuses who have overcome the adversities, but we can't reject the truth many geniuses were defeated by the adversity, To make more opportunities definitely serves for help in adversity.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson once said a best-known wise saw with noble insight: Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. With the same insight, Bernard Shaw use to say "You see things; and you ask 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?' Bacon, Emerson and Shaw were almost saying the same truth: To be motivated, to make opportunities, then you finds. Truth is independent on time.
    Chinese great thinker Confucius liked to learn so much. He made lots of opportunities for him to learn. He went to ask Taz-zie questions about whatever Taz-zie could teach him. He even asked to a fishman with good manner. Therefore the Chinese called him as the " forever, teachers' great teacher". He achieved his ideal -- to teach all people moral.
    That has been a truth, a wise man not only has an intelligent mind and also, more important, great courage to make opportunities for themselves. And at last he finds.
    Last edited by drakamge; 10-Sep-2007 at 12:19.

drakamge is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A essay for SATs

would anyone be kind enough to revise it, please?
    I am a self-learner,
    therefore I need a teacher to guide me~~

Thank you

Best wishes
    Shing