Post Thanks / Like

Default please, please, I need loads of help

Please help me to correct this text I've been writing this morning. The task is: write a text giving advice on how to avoid catching a cold.

My text... thank you for your time!

How to avoid catching a cold:
    Itís possible that at some stage in your holidays you will be struck down with a cold, maybe just as a result of a change of temperature between closed and open areas; but more often because of a life crowded of activities.

Donít go pumping yourself full of antibiotics at the first sign of trouble. This is not a good way to treat your stomach and you can often do more harm than good if you donít firstly see a doctor.

The best course of action in order to avoid catching a cold is firstly avoid abrupt changes of temperatures and, secondly try not to keep your body wet after a bath in the beach or swimming pool. Furthermore, when avoiding a cold you should wear the clothes your body is asking for. If you are feeling cold take a jacket, on the contrary if you are feeling hot put off the jacket.

If after trying those you were to catch a cold, the two most important things are firstly seeing a doctor and secondly resting for a few days, even if you have the party of your life.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please, please, I need loads of help

Quote Originally Posted by venerupis View Post
    Please help me to correct this text I've been writing this morning. The task is: write a text giving advice on how to avoid catching a cold.

My text... thank you for your time!

How to avoid catching a cold:
    Itís possible that at some stage in your holidays you will be struck down with a cold, maybe just as a result of a change of temperature between enclosed and open areas; but more often because of a life crowded with activities.

Donít go pumping yourself full of antibiotics at the first sign of trouble. This is not a good way to treat your stomach and you can often do more harm than good if you donít firstly see a doctor.

The best course of action in order to avoid catching a cold is firstly avoid abrupt changes of temperatures and secondly dry yourself after bathing at the beach or swimming pool. Furthermore, when avoiding a cold you should wear the clothes your body is asking for. If you are feeling cold, take [put on] a jacket; on the contrary, if you are feeling hot, put [take]off the jacket.

If after trying those [taking all this care] you were to catch a cold, the two most important things are firstly seeing a doctor and secondly resting for a few days, even if you have [to miss] the party of your life.