Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vocabulary!!!

no-pseudo is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default vocabulary!!!

heyy friends, i'm new here , i'm from morocco and i'm trying to learn english..but i find a lot of problems while writing i can't find the suitable words and i don't have enough vocabulary.. i dont have problems in grammar and prononciation .. please how can i improve my level while in writing and speaking?.. thank you!!

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: vocabulary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by no-pseudo View Post
    heyy friends, i'm new here , i'm from morocco and i'm trying to learn english..but i find a lot of problems while writing i can't find the suitable words and i don't have enough vocabulary.. i dont have problems in grammar and prononciation .. please how can i improve my level while in writing and speaking?.. thank you!!
    You should read different English books and try to remember at least 10 new words a day. And of course speak English as much as it's possible.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks i'll try to do.. my problem is t hat i don't have enough time to learn English because i'm studing engeering ..and it's hard to get both of them..but all my friends can speak it so we use English most of the time
    thanks friend!!

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how you plan to use English in your life.

If you plan to use English for reading, you'll concentrate on reading.

If you are going to travel, you can easily find a phrase book with expressions you'll need for traveling; there's also a lot of good stuff online.

If you want to communicate with others in English, it's important to listen carefully to the words and expressions they use and to their pronunciation. It would be ideal to have a teacher to practice with. If there are no English speakers around you, movies and television can be helpful.

The technology is getting better and better, so you should in future be able to practice speaking English online.

peace
    edward

Post Thanks / Like

so right friend thanks !! English is an international language so everybody in the word is supposed to speak it, i want to learn it to communicate with people from all over the word. I addition i'll need English at work, here in my country if you don't speak at least french and english you couldent have a good job espeacialy with the offshoring in 2010.. So i consider learning english the first step in my work life.. thanks again

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks i'll try to do.. my problem is t hat i don't have enough time to learn English because i'm studing engeering ..and it's hard to get both of them..but all my friends can speak it so we use English most of the time
    thanks friend!!
    Well, I think time is not a hindrance in learning English.

I work in an on-line tutorial company and we talk to students for only 10 minutes in a day. They may just learn a new word or expression in one day or notice their errors, and that's it. Spending a little time learning a "word of the day" is not hard to do, is it? As long as there is continuity in your study, English isn't that hard to learn. Btw, I used to be an Engineering student myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Very true. A few minutes a day, with a lot of review, and a person can make enormous progress.
    I'm learning Tagalog, so I have Tagalog vocabulary taped to the frame of my bicycle. I can easily learn 30 or 40 words in a week.

sige
    edward

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post

I work in an on-line tutorial company and we talk to students for only 10 minutes in a day. They may just learn a new word or expression in one day or notice their errors, and that's it. Spending a little time learning a "word of the day" is not hard to do, is it? As long as there is continuity in your study, English isn't that hard to learn. Btw, I used to be an Engineering student myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baqarah131 View Post
    Very true. A few minutes a day, with a lot of review, and a person can make enormous progress.
    I'm learning Tagalog, so I have Tagalog vocabulary taped to the frame of my bicycle. I can easily learn 30 or 40 words in a week.

sige
    edward
    soo right!! thank you, this is my first visit to this forum and i got a lot of good things!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post

yes i understood thanks Sir!!!

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baqarah131 View Post

sige
    edward
    Ayos ah!

So you also apply the principle to learning Tagalog. Of course, principles apply to mostly everything. Could you speak Tagalog fluently? How long have you been learning it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast