Post Thanks / Like

correct my composition~please~

Korean people are so shy when they learn foreign language. And that is the reason that they are a poor linguist, in spite of long learning. And one of such a man who doesn’t give a thing a shot out of fear is me. So I think that it is one of evidences Koreans aren’t lenient about their errors.

I traveled in Thailand in 2005. We were fear. Because we were first time to step on different country from Korea. When we arrived in the Chaosan load that is called a traveler’s paradise, we were shocked, because people nearby began to approach and talk to us. We were so fear and confused. First day passed like that.

Next morning, we waked up early. It was early time yet to get up. So, there are almost no people at the street and there are just guys look scared sit in a circle on the ground. The more we got near to them, we said to ourselves ‘please, don’ talk to me. Don’t talk to me.’ however, when we were close with them, one of them got up with a jump and shouted “I like Korea!!” but we couldn’t reply. No matter how we go away from him, he went on crying. ‘Stop it! Please!’ I thought trembling with fear. At that moment, my friend turned back abruptly and shouted, “Me-too!!!” and he was silent. The fear faded out and we burst out laughing. Maybe, since then fear of English disappeared and we tried to speak English before people addressed ourselves. It didn’t matter whether we spoke English well or not. It was just interesting that we got an opportunity to speak English and attempting that.

We learned important thing from this travel. If we want to learn foreign languages we have to shake off the shyness. It is not important a grammars and pronunciations to communicate between people. most importantly, it is open mind and shining looks.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: correct my composition~please~

Quote Originally Posted by kumddadda View Post

Korean people are so shy [do you mean shy? or nervous?] when they learn foreign language, and that is the reason that they are a poor linguist,[you have plural "they are" and singular "A poor linguist". They must agree] in spite of long learning [studying for a long time] And one of such a man who doesn’t give a thing a shot out of fear is me. So I think that it is one of evidences [the reasons] Koreans aren’t lenient [easy-going/relaxed/tolerant] about their errors.

I traveled in Thailand in 2005. We were fear[fearful/frightened] Because we were [it was our] first time to step on different country from [in another country than] Korea. When we arrived in the Chaosan load [what do you mean here?]that is called a traveler’s paradise, we were shocked, because people nearby began to approach and talk to us. We were so fear [frightened] and confused. First [Our/The first] day passed like that.

Next morning, we waked [woke] up early. It was early time yet to get up.[early and got up. So, there are [There were] almost no people in the street and there are just guys look scared sit in a circle on the ground [It is not clear what you mean - were there scared (frightened) men sitting in a circle? or were there "scary guys" - frightening men - sitting in a circle?]. The more [nearer] we got to them, we said to ourselves ‘Please, don’t talk to me. Don’t talk to me.’ However, when we were close to them, one of them got up with a jump and shouted “I like Korea!!” but we couldn’t reply. No matter how we go away from him, he went on crying [shouting]. ‘Stop it! Please!’ I thought trembling with fear. At that moment, my friend turned back abruptly and shouted, “Me too!!!” and he fell silent. The fear faded out and we burst out laughing. Maybe, since [Since] then our fear of English has disappeared and we try to speak English before people addressed ourselves [address us]. It didn’t matter whether we spoke English well or not. It was just interesting that we got an opportunity to speak English and attempting that.[delete - not required]

We learned important thing from this travel [trip/visit/holiday]. If we want to learn foreign languages we have to shake off the shyness. It is not important a grammars and pronunciations to communicate between people. most importantly, it is open mind and shining looks. Grammar and pronunciation are not vital in order to communicate with other people. More important are an open mind and relaxed view.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: correct my composition~please~

Korean people are so shy when they learn foreign language, that that they remain poor linguists, in spite of long periods of study . One such man, who is scared to give something a shot, is me. I think that this is one piece of evidence that Koreans are not lenient about their own errors.

I traveled in Thailand in 2005. We were very afraid, because it was our first time stepping outside Korea. The Chaosan Road is called a traveler’s paradise, but when we arrived there we were shocked, because people nearby began to approach and talk to us. We were afraid and confused, and stayed that way throughout our first day.

the next morning we woke up early. It was so early that few people were up and there was almost no people on the street. There were just guys, who looked scared, sitting in a circle on the ground. As we got closer to them, we said to ourselves "Please, don’t talk to me. Don’t talk to me." , As we continued to get closer to them, however, one got up with a jump and shouted “I like Korea!!” We could not reply.
    No matter how far we moved away from him, he went on shouting. "Stop! Please!"
    I was trembling with fear until my friend turned back abruptly and shouted, “Me too!!!”
    Our pursuer was silent.
    The fear faded out of us all, and we burst out laughing.
    Since then our fear of English has disappeared, and we tried to speak English before other people addressed us. It didn’t matter whether we spoke English well or not, what was important was that we got an opportunity to speak English and we tried!

We learned something important from our travels - If we want to learn a foreign language we have to shake off the shyness. Grammar and pronunciation are not the most important part of communicating between people. The most important part is an open mind and a smiling face.