I just signed up into this useful site. It took me long, you know. I'm typing something quick. You can find class-planning tips, games that do not take beforehand preparation, experiences of a teacher of English plus teacher trainer, etc., on my blog.
Hope any useful to you and other teachers!
Sorry, I could not put my link, basically because I'm new here on this site. Some games that come up to mind:
1. Hangman, but with words instead of just letters: it helps practice grammar and making up full sentences.
2. Dictionary game: you write a word on the board, and the winner is the student who found the word first.
3. Mental directions: you, slowly, tell your students some instructions to reach such or such place in the school. They follow your instructions in their minds. They say the right place who all have reached.
4. Help them write their resume (Curriculum Vitae) to prepare a job interview one of them has to face up with, to be employed to a company or job you all have agreed.
5. The job interview with a student, before the class.
I wrote some games, quicly.Like i told you I have many more. Hopethese ones can help you out. - I wrote some games different levels of English.
Fernando Diez Gallego
I have to learn how to attach a picture of mine to my profile. Well, later on!