• Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

• Post Thanks / Like

Sound Pollution

Hi teachers!

Please, help me with the text below. Would you be so kind and proofread it for me? Are there any errors regarding the use of verbs , spelling or words order?
    I`d like to write a more appropriate verb instead of manifest but I cannot find a better one at the moment.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sound Pollution

Sound pollution in Craiova town manifests by / through all aspects, being generated by road, railway , air and industrial traffic and other sources of pollution, as well.
    The main element of sound pollution is noise, characterized by levels of intensity, duration, frequency and periodicity.
    Noise represents a major risk factor for human health associated with hearing handicap, work stress, and loss of hearing in children born of mothers exposed during their pregnancy or on unborn children.[I`d like to say smth. on the effects of sound pollution on unborn children]
    The evaluation and management[ shall I use control instead of management?] of environmental noise represent a priority on the working agenda of the European Parliament and of the Council of Europe.
    Romania has transposed the European Community legislation on noise pollution into [?] the Governmental law/decision nr.X.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sound Pollution

Sound Pollution

Sound pollution in Craiova town manifests [pervades all parts of the town] by / through all aspects, being generated by road, railway , air and industrial traffic and other sources of pollution as well.
    The main element of sound pollution is noise, characterized by levels of intensity, duration, frequency and periodicity. This is a tautology - sound pollution can only be the result of noise. Try rephrasing the sentence.
    Noise represents a major risk factor for human health associated with hearing handicap, work stress, and loss of hearing in children born of mothers exposed during their pregnancy[This is a new one to me - is there proper evidence for this?] or on unborn children.[I`d like to say smth. on the effects of sound pollution on unborn children] [If you do, you really have to provide the references]
    The evaluation and management[ shall I use control instead of management? [No - I think management is fine here]] of environmental noise represents a priority on the working agenda of the European Parliament and of the Council of Europe.
    Romania has transposed [adopted] the European Community legislation [unlikely ] "Directive"] on noise pollution into [?] and is including it within the Governmental law/decision nr.X.

Sorry, Teia - you have some work to do!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sound Pollution

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Sound Pollution

Sound pollution in Craiova town manifests [pervades all parts of the town] by / through all aspects, being generated by road, railway , air and industrial traffic and other sources of pollution as well.
    The main element of sound pollution is noise, characterized by levels of intensity, duration, frequency and periodicity. This is a tautology - sound pollution can only be the result of noise. Try rephrasing the sentence.You are right!
    Noise represents a major risk factor for human health associated with hearing handicap, work stress, and loss of hearing in children born of mothers exposed during their pregnancy[This is a new one to me - is there proper evidence for this?] or on unborn children.[I`d like to say smth. on the effects of sound pollution on unborn children] -I am not sure. Some scientists try to demonstrate it.[If you do, you really have to provide the references]
    The evaluation and management[ shall I use control instead of management? [No - I think management is fine here]] of environmental noise represents a priority on the working agenda of the European Parliament and of the Council of Europe.
    Romania has transposed [adopted] the European Community legislation [unlikely ] "Directive"] on noise pollution into [?] and is including it within the Governmental law/decision nr.X.

Sorry, Teia - you have some work to do!

Thank you very much Anglika!
    Yes, I have some work to do, but I don`t mind doing it, although I am used to translating literary or everyday conversation texts rather than technical texts.

Thank you again.