Miki19801030 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you check a part of my resume(2)

I want to put a message on resume to hiring manager.
    But I am not sure, these sentences are proper or not. If contents of sentences are ok, how should rewrite these sentence with proper expression?

I am confident my strong IT work experience coupled with my self-motivation, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and computer skills provide me with the requirements needed to succeed in the position. I have been in Toronto for five month to improve my English and computer skills. I really would like to get a job as a fulltime worker or part-time worker or internship and have work experience in English environment as a programmer. My English is not fluently but I can read, write, communicate in English and accomplish a lot of tasks. Please consider me who has enthusiasm from Japan.

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you check a part of my resume(2)

Quote Originally Posted by Miki19801030 View Post
    I want to put a message on resume to hiring manager.
    But I am not sure, these sentences are proper or not. If contents of sentences are ok, how should rewrite these sentence with proper expression?

I am confident my strong IT work experience coupled with my self-motivation, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and computer skills provide me with the requirements needed to succeed in the position. I have been in Toronto for five month to improve my English and computer skills. I really would like to get a job as a fulltime worker or part-time worker or internship and have work experience in English environment as a programmer. My English is not fluently but I can read, write, communicate in English and accomplish a lot of tasks. Please consider me who has enthusiasm from Japan.
    When creating a resume you absolutely never ever put a paragraph like this into the resume. As I previously said in another post, A resume is a business document. It is a review of your skills and experience. It is completely written in the third person.

Does that mean that you can never express personal excitement or enthusiasm for the position that you are applying? Absolutely not...It is just not done in the resume.

The place for such writing is in the covering letter that you submit along with the resume. The covering letter is where you can show enthusiasm and excitement...it has no place in a resume.

Let me show you how a covering letter might be written using your information and perhaps some assumptions on my part on (I will assume you are not a student but you have worked in Japan prior to coming to Canada

Dear Sir;

I would like to apply for the position of Web Developer as posted by your company in the September 27th edition of the Toronto Globe and Mail.

I am confident my strong IT and web development work experience gained during my employment in Japan will be an asset while working for your firm. I am self-motivated, enthusiastic with a positive attitude, and I work well within a team environment.

Please find enclosed a copy of my personal resume. I can be reached at 403-123-1234 during the day or (insert an email address) in order to schedule an interview. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss employment opportunities with your company.

Best regards

Don't include information regarding when you came to Canada, your level of English skill and other such information into either your resume or covering letter.

The purpose of a resume and covering letter is to get an interview for the job...it is not going to get you the job.

The issues of your English fluency may come up in the interview and you can deal with them at that time. Putting such information in a resume/covering letter may result in your application being rejected...and you have no opportunity to defend yourself....personally speaking, computer programming requires far more fluency in the computer languages used than English....as long as you can understand the requirements of the job.