anonymous123 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

part of tenancy contract

Any payments will be firstly applied to any current weekly charges and then to any current arrears pertaining to these charges. Any excess payment will then be applied to any current Premium Charge Account en dan op de then to any current Court Cost Charge Account.

I don't understand what is meant by "applied to" here and what Premium Charge Account and Court Cost Charge Account is...

could you explain?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: part of tenancy contract

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous123 View Post
    Any payments will be firstly applied to any current weekly charges and then to any current arrears pertaining to these charges. Any excess payment will then be applied to any current Premium Charge Account en dan op de then to any current Court Cost Charge Account.

I don't understand what is meant by "applied to" here and what Premium Charge Account and Court Cost Charge Account is...

could you explain?
    Welcome to the forums.

The payments made will be offset against the weekly charges [ie the charges will be reduced by the sum paid in that week] and after that against any arrears in the weekly charges.

I think the second sentence is saying that any excess will be deposited in a Premium Charge Account [presumably at the Bank], and after that within an account designed to pay for any Court Costs outstanding.

What is the bit I have highlighted? It makes no sense - are you translating this agreement from Dutch?