nicaday is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My essay needs some check ~*

Grammar Check
    Hi, all. I'm thai. Today, I must write the abstract of the article.
    But after I do that, I'm not sure about correct.
    I write about 150 words and I need someone to comment my abstract
    so much. I'm not sure that foreign can understand my English.

If you have some spare time, please read my abstract and you can give me some suggestion.

------------------------------

This is my writing.

--------------
    This article describes a series of studies that the effect of different attitudinal
    and motivational characteristics is to success in French second language study.
    Subjects were drawn from a sample of ninety-two introductory psychology students.
    This study has focus on 2 parts. In the first part of the study,
    subjects responded to items assessing eight differentattitudinal/motivational characteristic as well as the trait of social desirability responding.
    In the second part of the study, subjects were given six trials to learn 26 English/French word pairs.Both of all, record and testing was done by computer.

The result in the first indicated the most effect of based motivation and individual-based motivation is receiving money and the results in the second part indicated the most desire to learn and success in French second language study is the effect of attitudes toward the learning situation.
    -----------------------

Thank you very much

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My essay needs some check ~*

Quote Originally Posted by nicaday View Post
    Grammar Check
    Hi, all. I'm thai. Today, I must write the abstract of the article.
    But after I do that, I'm not sure about correct.
    I write about 150 words and I need someone to comment my abstract
    so much. I'm not sure that foreign can understand my English.

If you have some spare time, please read my abstract and you can give me some suggestion.

------------------------------

This is my writing.

--------------
    Describes a series of studies that [on] the effect of different attitudinal and motivational characteristics is to success [required to succeed] in [studying] French [as a] second language. Subjects were drawn from a sample of ninety-two introductory psychology students. This study has focus on [was conducted in] 2 parts. In the first part, of the study,[delete- unnecessary ] subjects responded to items assessing eight different attitudinal/motivational characteristics as well as the trait of social desirability responding [socially desirable response]. In the second part of the study [delete - unnecessary], subjects were given six trials to learn 26 English/French word pairs.Both of all, [delete - unnecessary] record and testing was [two things were done = plural verb required]done by computer. The result in the first [part] indicated the most effect of based [effective] motivation and individual-based motivation is receiving money and the results in the second part indicated [that] the most desire to learn and success [to succeed] in French as a second language study is the effect of [delete - unnecessary] attitude of the student toward the learning situation.
    -----------------------

Thank you very much
    Not having seen the original, there are some phrases which do not make much sense.

One comment - you mention payment of money at the end, but this is not given as one of the elements in conducting this experiment.