Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    soup1 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Dear all,

    I am applying a best paper prize. A proposal including a justification is required by the committee. However, I don't know how to write this type of proposal. How many parts should it contain? What is the difference between the prize proposal and the research proposal?

    Can anyone tell me some tips on the applying prize proposal? Thanks a lot!

    Best regards
    Soup

  2. #2
    Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Welcome to the forums.

    Do you mean a prize - which is something won in a competition? Or do you mean a submission for financial support, such as a bursary or a scholarship?

  3. #3
    soup1 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    I mean a prize - a best paper prize in a conference, not financial support.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

    Do you mean a prize - which is something won in a competition? Or do you mean a submission for financial support, such as a bursary or a scholarship?

  4. #4
    albertino is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Quote Originally Posted by soup1 View Post
    Dear all,

    I am applying a best paper prize. A proposal including a justification is required by the committee. However, I don't know how to write this type of proposal. How many parts should it contain? What is the difference between the prize proposal and the research proposal?

    Can anyone tell me some tips on the applying prize proposal? Thanks a lot!

    Best regards
    Soup
    To avoid confusion, you'd better to change to another "Soup"
    Wondering why? As we have had a moderator called "Soup" lately. Just kidding.
    Last edited by albertino; 03-Oct-2007 at 03:16.

  5. #5
    soup1 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Quote Originally Posted by albertino View Post
    To avoid confusion, you'd better to change to another "Soup"
    Wondering why? As we have had a moderator called "Soup" lately. Just kidding.
    haha, sorry for confusion. I'm considering a new name.

  6. #6
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Soup1, if you do want to change your name, send me a message and I will change the database.

  7. #7
    soup1 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Soup1, if you do want to change your name, send me a message and I will change the database.
    Thanks. But I have to post 10 articles first.

  8. #8
    Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How do I write a proposal to applying a prize?

    Quote Originally Posted by soup1 View Post
    I mean a prize - a best paper prize in a conference, not financial support.
    Thank you.
    It is not really possible to advise directly without knowing what the submission requirements are. I have googled for similar prizes and can refer you to these:


    Best Paper and Best Thesis Prizes
    SABE Conference 2007 - Call for Papers
    [Transci-logistics-section] Last call - TSL best paper prize
    Best Paper Prize Call for Nominations


    It would seem that the panel require you to give your reasons as to why the research in the paper was important, its relevance to the conference topic, its significance, and how it is unique.

    I suggest that you try writing one along these lines and post it for advice.

Similar Threads

  1. Writing a research proposal.
    By Hipdude in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-May-2007, 11:22
  2. write sy or write to sy
    By baraka in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Aug-2006, 19:25
  3. Write to him or write him?
    By David27 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-Feb-2006, 06:42
  4. write out
    By dodgerfan2002 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-Jan-2005, 21:25
  5. how to write essay?
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-Mar-2003, 22:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •