Thread: Kosovo

McPherson is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kosovo

Hi,

Hope someone could check this SP for applying some programme about International Security and NATO.

Thanks in advance!
    Marko

Hello,

I’m a student of journalism on Faculty of Political Sciences in Belgrade. Euro-atlantic integrations of Serbia are my field of interest, and, as I consider myself as a future political reporter or even a politician, I believe that this programme about International Security and NATO could be very useful to me.

Seven years has passed since my country had started it’s trip to the democratic society, and we still face with some old problems and questions. During this program, I expect to find out about the experiences in transition of Central European countries in joining the NATO alliance, and learn from their experience in reforming it’s armed forces and making them capably to resolve security issues and cooperate with neighbours. In short – what is Serbia’s recipe for finding a way to cooperate and work on relations with NATO? I’m very curious to talk with the experts in this field about pros and cons of Serbia’s joining NATO alliance, particularly in context of new anti-NATO rhetoric of mayor Democratic Party of Serbia (which is one of the coalition partners in the cabinet), and it’s decision to remove Belgrade's full fledged membership in the Alliance as the party's goal. Also, I have a personal dilemma - could NATO and EU integrations be separate issues for Serbia? Is it possible, in our case, to stay out of NATO and join EU? And how does NATO bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999. affects the public opinion on this issue?

As a leader of a peacekeeping mission in Kosovo during the process of determine the final status of Kosovo, NATO has an essential role in maintaining the peace and bringing the stability to the region. In case of unilateral proclamation of independence of Kosovo – will KFOR be able to safeguard local Serbs, and what can we learn from the violent unrest in march 17th 2004?
    These are some of the major questions I expect to get answer during this programme, with sureness that new knowledges would be of great importance for my academic and professional future.

redcrows is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Statement of Purpose needs checking

Hello,

Iím a student of journalism in the Faculty of Political Sciences(which school) in Belgrade. Euro-Atlantic integrations of Serbia are my field of interest, and as I consider myself a future political reporter or even a politician, I believe that this program, which deals with International Security and NATO, could be very useful to me.

Seven years has passed since my country started it's journey toward becoming a democratic society, and we are still faced with some old problems and questions. By enrolling in this program, I expect to find out about the experiences of Central European countries in transition after joining the NATO alliance. The military transformations which made these countries capable of resolving security issues and cooperating with their neighbours are of great interest to me. In short Ė What is Serbiaís recipe for cooperating with and developing a relationship with NATO?

Iím very curious to talk with the experts in this field about the pros and cons of Serbiaís entrance into the NATO alliance, particularly in light of new anti-NATO rhetoric emanating from the Democratic Party of Serbia (which is one of the coalition partners in the cabinet), and itís decision to remove Serbia's full fledged membership in the Alliance, as the party's goal. Also, I have a personal dilemma - could NATO and EU integrations be separate issues for Serbia? Is it possible, in our case, to stay out of NATO and still join the EU? Also, how does NATO bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999 affect public opinion on this issue?

As the leader of the peacekeeping mission to Kosovo during the process which determined the final status of Kosovo, NATO has an essential role in maintaining the peace and bringing stability to the region. In the case of a unilateral proclamation of independence of Kosovo Ė will KFOR be able to safeguard local Serbs, and what can we learn from the violent unrest in march 17th 2004?( sorry not quite sure what you mean by this statement.
    Is this proclamation something that will happen or has it already happened)
    ?KFOR??

These are some of the major questions I expect to get answers to during this course of study. I am sure that this new knowledge will greatly benefit my academic and professional future.

Hope this helps. Reply if you wish to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: My Statement of Purpose needs checking

I made a mistake in a sentence that begins with "As the leader..." - the process is still going on, so the right form is DETERMINE, not DETERMINED. KFOR is a NATO force in Kosovo.

Apart from this statement, are there any other mistakes in the text?

Thanks for reply!

Marko
    Last edited by McPherson; 06-Oct-2007 at 12:26.

Post Thanks / Like

redcrows or anybody else - please just check up the line marked in red.

Thanks in advance!

Marko

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McPherson View Post
    As a leader of a peacekeeping mission in Kosovo during the process of determine the final status of Kosovo, NATO has an essential role in maintaining the peace and bringing the stability to the region. In case of unilateral proclamation of independence of Kosovo Ė will KFOR be able to safeguard local Serbs, and what can we learn from the violent unrest in march 17th 2004?
    These are some of the major questions I expect to get answer during this programme, with sureness that new knowledges would be of great importance for my academic and professional future.
    As a leader of a peacekeeping mission in Kosovo during the process of determining the final status of Kosovo, NATO has an essential role in maintaining the peace and bringing stability to the region. In case of a unilateral proclamation of independence by Kosovo, will KFOR be able to safeguard local Serbs, and what can we learn from the violent unrest in March 17th 2004? These are some of the major questions I expect to get answers to during this programme, with confidence that that knowledge will be of great importance to my academic and professional future.