Thread: correction

dogg is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default correction

whould you correct the grammar mistakes and not to worry about the captals for the passage please? and would you tell me if it's a good writing please.
    we were entering port said harbor when i came on deck. as soon as our ship came near enough, a large number of boats set out. we could see that they were bring...(many things). while i was leaving the ship i noticed that the rest of the passengers were arguing about the prices in loud voices. i walked about for an hour and watched the gay street life; men was selling strange things, and tradesmen were mending shoes in their little shops. i returned to my ship as the sun was setting. the market on the ship still was going on. an old man who was sitting on the deck offered me a beautiful persian rug for only 10. i bargained hard for 10min. and just as the ship was going i bought it for 1. as i was going to my cabin i saw a sailor with a rug just like mine. i asked him the price. 5, he said, 'but i paid too much of it. a man that i was talking to just now only paid 2.' as i was undressing that night, i noticed a little piece of cloth which was hanging from one corner of my rug. on it were the word 'made in china'.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: correction

It's good - and funny.

nb "the words 'Made in China'.

Post Thanks / Like

what does it mean nb?

Post Thanks / Like

and in the passage, for the underlines, can i omit the auxilary verbs? i.e., men selling strange things... as the sun setting...
    make them to be gerund?
    watched the gay street life; men was selling strange things, and tradesmen were mending shoes in their little shops. i returned to my ship as the sun was setting. the market on the ship still was going on. an old man who was sitting on the deck offered me a beautiful persian rug for only i noticed a little piece of cloth which was hanging from one corner of my rug. on it were the word 'made in china'.