• Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do you think Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanagi Kazuo View Post
    What else do you know Japan?
    I went to an onsen, which I loved and was everything about the traditional view we have of Japan, though with the added advantages of discreet modern technology. It did meet the picture I had as child of Japan, which was an incredibly distant place in those days.

I recently watched 'Your only live Twice', the old James Bond movie set in Japan (1967), with my Japanese partner and she found it amusing that this was the sort of image of Japan I grew up with.

sandy2217 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

i never been in Japan but in my imagine i think Japan is a beautiful country with beautiful women

Yanagi Kazuo is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell you, our Animation industry.
    Young Japanese don't work with Animation industry. Because working style is out of their trend. They dislike hard work and low payment. So, now most workers are Asians, though all management is Japanese.
    If you became a animation creator, you would go to Japan.
    You may get a big chance.

sothon is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to Japan, but i have learned something about people in Japan. Japanese are so busy with their job rather than their family. They seem to be modest, hard working, and challenge. Remarkably, they live in a hight technology.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Mount Fuji, which is the hightest mountain in Japan. It sits atop the Ring of Fire. Um... I also have seen a picture of cherry blosssom, it's very beautiful! Moreove I think Japaneses are kind of neat and sympathetic persons.

I'm With Stupid is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Japan is at the top of my list of countries I want to teach in. I have a friend teaching over there right now, and he really recommends it, so obviously I've done quite a bit of research into it.

Every Japanese person I've met was doing International Politics at my university (I guess my university had a good International Politics department). I made a film with them all. And I think the quiet Japanese stereotype is a bit of a myth, because they were as varied a group of personalities as any other group of people. As a whole they were quieter than British people, but I put that down to them speaking a foreign language, because when they were speaking Japanese in a big group, they got louder and more confident.

From the outside, Japan seems like a very insular society. Japanese people I've spoken to on the internet often seem surprised that, for example, we have Japanese food in Britain, or I've seen a particular Japanese film or have been a member of a Judo club. And I haven't had first-hand experience with this, but I hear that a lot of Japanese people are shocked when they hear a westerner speaking their language. In the west it's opposite. We're more shocked if you don't eat American food, haven't heard of British bands, and don't speak English.

I think Japan has a lot of exports that it doesn't stamp "Japan" on in huge letters in the same way that other countries do. Japanese cars for example, are just cars, whereas other cars are distinctly German cars, Italian cars, French cars or American cars, and that becomes part of the selling point. American films always come with a healthy dose of American patriotism and cultural references, which isn't watered down when it's exported (I can't count the number of thanksgivings I sat through on American programmes, without having a clue what it is). Japanese exports on the other hand seem to be more universal, as if they've been specifically designed to lack a national identity, even down to the electrical companies renaming their brands with western names like Panasonic, Pioneer and Sharp. Then you seem to have a lot more obscure things that stay in Japan, perhaps deemed not suitable for the outside world. I think this is why a lot of Japanese people are surprised when you've sampled things that are distinctly Japanese, like the food or the sports.

But from the outside, I'd say the following things sum up Japan: excellent transport, rampant consumerism, very image conscious, good electrical and mechanical products, very insular, excellent art, lots of emphasis on tradition, lots of very attractive people, awful pop music, and a safe country to live in.

Yanagi Kazuo is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all.
    I haven't realized that there are many good points in my country.

There are many lovely onsen and beautiful landscape.
    What's more we have advanced technologies.
    I wrote before, we are famous for animations and TV games.

I afraid of some offencive comments from Asians.
    I studied about the world war 2nd a little.
    According to my poor knowledge, we committed spoiling(or destroying) the Asians human rights. This is the history. Now, I really think very sorry for Asians. I feel I shouldn't travel to Asian countries.

Anyway, somebody wrote this ;want to teach English in Japan.
    This plan should postpone is the vest selection.
    A couple days ago, the largest private language school (NOVA) was bankrupt. About 4000 teachers lost their job. So, English(language) bis began to cold spell.

yeng23 is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What do you think Japan?

I like Japan because there are many animation! like Naruto . . etc!. . .

And I like it!

But the others says that there are many horny people in Japan!

yeng23 is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What do you think Japan?

What can you say bout' my country(Philippines)?

I'm With Stupid is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yanagi Kazuo View Post
    A couple days ago, the largest private language school (NOVA) was bankrupt. About 4000 teachers lost their job. So, English(language) bis began to cold spell.
    I just heard. My friend worked for them, so I don't know what he's going to do now. I've decided I'm going to do an English teaching degree, which should take 2 years altogether, and then come to Japan after that instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast