steady job or stable job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Which expression is correct?
stable job or steady job?
My English teacher says only one is correct but I can't remember which one.
I googled them and found that they are used in the same way on the Internet. Is it just a matter of formality? Does one sound better than the other?

Last edited:

Naamplao

Member Type
Other
Which expression is correct?
stable job or steady job?
My English teacher says only one is correct but I can't remember which one.
I googled them and found that they are used in the same way on the Internet. Is it just a matter of formality? Does one sound better than the other?

Both expressions are correct and almost equally used with "stable job" having 206,000 Google hits and "steady job" getting 166,000 Google hits.

The expressions mean almost the same thing.

A "steady job" is one that is very routine and pays a decent but not a high amount of money. It is also a safe job.

A "stable job" is similar with the added benefit that the work is usually continuous. There are no sudden layoffs or labour strife.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Both expressions are correct and almost equally used with "stable job" having 206,000 Google hits and "steady job" getting 166,000 Google hits.

The expressions mean almost the same thing.

A "steady job" is one that is very routine and pays a decent but not a high amount of money. It is also a safe job.

A "stable job" is similar with the added benefit that the work is usually continuous. There are no sudden layoffs or labour strife.

Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.