kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Member Type
Other
Boy..........!!! Yikes!

boys - I bow out. I leave you to it. Enjoy.

Da vid,

I am saddened to hear of your departure; however I shall continue to extend my warmest regardz to you as promised.

Should you wish to engage in further dialogue, then please simply advise.

I shall be joyful of your return.

Gavin.

Nic mcd

Member Type
Student or Learner
Gavin,
I noted in your 'post' to David that you unfortunately don't have a whistle. I wonder if you lost it back in '92, as it was back then that there was, in fact, a whistle cru. Agreed?
Nic

Gavin

Member Type
Other
Gavin,
I noted in your 'post' to David that you unfortunately don't have a whistle. I wonder if you lost it back in '92, as it was back then that there was, in fact, a whistle cru. Agreed?
Nic

Nic,

Many thanks for this late addition and, accordingly I note your comments.

You are correct to consign the relevance of the aforementioned “whistle” to the alleged
“cru” in 1992. Please forgive my ignorance; rest assured consideration was given prior to my previous response.

Nevertheless, I do proclaim previous ownership of such an item at the stated date, unfortunately due to unanticipated circumstances the “cru” was disbanded.

Suffice to say, I was left traumatised upon receiving the intelligence.

Best Regardz

Gavin

Gavin

Member Type
Other
Do I hear the heavy tread of a troll?

Hi Anglika,

I note your comments, many thanks.

However, one must confess a sense of bewildermint to your meaning. Please could you elaborate ?

With regardz

Gavin.

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Hi Anglika,

I note your comments, many thanks.

However, one must confess a sense of bewildermint to your meaning. Please could you elaborate ?

With regardz

Gavin.
No.

Trolls know who they are.

Dr K Phaw

Member Type
Student or Learner
In defence of Gavin, I do not believe he is a troll (if they even exist that is!).

He has unlocked an interesting debate on the use of regards,or regardz as he would like to refer to it. Commenting that he may be a troll because of this is very harse in my opinion!

Kind Regard,

Dr Phaw

Gavin

Member Type
Other
Dear all,

My apologies if I am offended anyone with my remarks.

My intentions have been genuine. I only seek a minor amendment to the well-liked phrase “Kind Regards”.

All views are welcomed and I eagerly await the outcome of my suggestion.

Gavin.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
This is a forum for language learners, so can we please go easy on recommending forms that would be marked wrong in exams? If people read quickly or with a limited understanding through this thread, they may get the impression that it is a possible spelling, which at the moment it is not.

Without wanting to be a killjoy or to reduce the playfulness that is so important to the life of a language, I would ask people to acknowledge when using such forms that there is nothing official about them, as the red pen of an examiner is as official as it needs to get for most learners.

Gavin

Member Type
Other
This is a forum for language learners, so can we please go easy on recommending forms that would be marked wrong in exams? If people read quickly or with a limited understanding through this thread, they may get the impression that it is a possible spelling, which at the moment it is not.

Without wanting to be a killjoy or to reduce the playfulness that is so important to the life of a language, I would ask people to acknowledge when using such forms that there is nothing official about them, as the red pen of an examiner is as official as it needs to get for most learners.

Tdol,

Many thanks for your statement to this threat.

I too agree that ultimately there is nothing more authoritative than the red pen of the examiner.

I can only again apologise if I have caused any confusion with my request.

Hopefully, this matter will be resolved shortly but until then, best regards.

Gavin.

Gavin

Member Type
Other
I think I have found Gavin....................

Dr Phaw,

Your most recent post has again been noted but with respect, I feel this is a little distasteful.

As you are aware, the issue at hand has raised varying degrees of opinion and thought. I would refer you to the forum rules and regulations regarding content. I am certain that following on from that reading you will deem your last post regrettable.

However, I appreciate the hilarity you have articulated on this occasion.

Kind regardz

Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.