Thread: Mary

Stellasfli is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Mary

Hi, Please help to correct my essay on the verb tense and grammer, and rewirte it if the meaning is difficult to understand. Thanks.

Mary has past 65 years for her life. She had gone through a tough life when she was young, so that she could not have chance to enter to school for having education even though she hungered to do this. She lived with her husband who didn't treat her good, her husband never talk to her gentlely. Every time when I saw her in the street, I could feel that she was lonely. She spent her life time and contrubite her whole life for her eight children, she always thought everything only from her children's angle. She never think about herself. It seems that she lives for her children only, other than this, she does not has any reasons to alive. Now her children all growth and build up their familys, she can only see them once a month or bi-weekly. She has seven children and a husband, but it seems that she only live with herself. She always sit silently in the garden. What does she think? I always ask when I saw her in the garden.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please correct my essay

Suggestions, corrections in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellasfli View Post
    Mary has past 65 years for her life. She had gone through a tough life when she was young, so that she could not have chance to enter to school for having education even though she hungered to do this.
    Mary is 65 years old. She had a tough life growing up, and she was not able to go to school even though she very much wanted to.
    ~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please correct my essay

She lived with her husband who didn't treat her good, her husband never talk to her gentlely. Every time when I saw her in the street, I could feel that she was lonely.
    She was married to a man who didn't treat her well. Her husband never talked to her gently. Every time when I saw her in the street I could feel that she was lonely.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mary

She spent her life time and contrubite her whole life for her eight children, she always thought everything only from her children's angle. She never think about herself. It seems that she lives for her children only, other than this, she does not has any reasons to alive.
    She lived her life for her eight children. She thought only of her children.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now her children all growth and build up their familys, she can only see them once a month or bi-weekly. She has seven children and a husband, but it seems that she only live with herself. She always sit silently in the garden. What does she think? I always ask when I saw her in the garden.
    Now her children are all grown and have their own families. She can only see them once or twice a month. She has seven children* and a husband, but she lives by herself. She always sits quietly in the garden. What does she think about? I always ask her that when I see her in the garden.

__________________________________________________ ________
    *What happened to the eighth one?

Stellasfli is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear RonBee,

Thanks for your help.

sfli