yengfong is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

correct my article

Dear teacher, please help checking my grammer is correct or not. Thanks.

I had been here for two years. As a new commer, I found many things, cultures and point of views are different from my orginal country. When my first month here last year, I wanted to return to my home because I have difficulty to suit in the new environment. Now, two years past, I felt it was better than last year. At least, I could go to the market to buy the dairy stuffs by myself. I could go to take bus to the place where I wanted to. Next year, my parent will come, I think I can help them to settle dowm here quickly as I have experienced the way, and this is also good for me as I can stay with my parent.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: correct my article

Welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by yengfong View Post
    Dear teacher, please help checking my grammer is correct or not. Thanks.

I had [have]been here for two years. As a new commer, I found many things, cultures and point of views are different from my orginal country. When [After/At the end of] my first month here last year, I wanted to return to my home because I have [wrong tense - you are talking about something in the past0 difficulty to suitin [fitting into] the new environment. Now, two years past,[after two years/that two years have passed] I felt [You start the sentence with "now" = the present] it was better than last year. At least I could go to the market to buy the dairy stuffs [only dairy products? or any food?] by myself. I could go to [delete- unnecessary] take a/the bus to the place where I wanted to go. Next year, my parents will come. I think I can help them to settle down here quickly as I have already experienced the way, and this is also good for me as I can stay with my parents.
    Check the spellings

yengfong is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Anglika, Thanks so much for the correction.

So, the sentence should be corrected as "Now,I feel it is better than last year. At least I could go to the market to buy any food by myself."

"I felt [You start the sentence with "now" = the present] it was better than last year. At least I could go to the market to buy the dairy stuffs [only dairy products? or any food?] by myself."

Thanks again.

Yengfong

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Much better - you can omit the comma after "now", and perhaps use "my" instead of "any".