• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

inspect

Hello everyone.
    I'd like to ask about the meaning of the word 'inspect' in the following passage.

He bent over to open the box.
    It flipped open at his touch to reveal several items: A GD2 rifle, shoulder and tight armor, a.50-caliber pistol, several boxes of ammo, and a helmet.
    He inspected the equipment. The GD2 was magnetized and attached to the front of his battlesuit, the rifle's handle at his righr shoulder, muzzle pointed down and to the left. He checked the ammo, put the GD2 spares in his top- and bottom-right pouches, and top-left pouch. The spare .50-caliber rounds went into the lower-left pouch.

From this description one thing is unclear to me: Did he simply look at his rifle carefully or did he put his rifle on?

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: inspect

Quote Originally Posted by KLPNO View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I'd like to ask about the meaning of the word 'inspect' in the following passage.

He bent over to open the box.
    It flipped open at his touch to reveal several items: A GD2 rifle, shoulder and tight armor, a.50-caliber pistol, several boxes of ammo, and a helmet.
    He inspected the equipment. The GD2 was magnetized and attached to the front of his battlesuit, the rifle's handle at his righr shoulder, muzzle pointed down and to the left. He checked the ammo, put the GD2 spares in his top- and bottom-right pouches, and top-left pouch. The spare .50-caliber rounds went into the lower-left pouch.

From this description one thing is unclear to me: Did he simply look at his rifle carefully or did he put his rifle on?
    To inspect something means that you carefully look at the item looking for flaws. He inspected all the items as he put them on.

KLPNO is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: inspect