yeng23 is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile can this help ur speaking skills??

can this journal help ur speaking skills?

but read this journal with your mouth!
    gudluk!

The New Seven Wonders of the World

Through a global poll, the new Seven Wonders of the World were chosen.
    The original Seven Wonders were chosen by Antipater of Macedon, who drew on the authority of such learned travelers as Herodotus and Collimachus. The list included the Colossus of Rhodes and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and were found only around the Mediterranean, the limits if the Western World.
    Four wonders were destroyed in the earthquakes and two in fires. To find their modern successors, 21 finalist were drawn up fro submissions.
    The list was released in Lisbon, Portugal last July 7.

RP to Get $1.2 M Army Aid from China

China has agreed to give the Philippines $1.2 million worth of military engineering equipment as part of of efforts to build security ties with a close ally of the United States.
    Antonio Santos, our defense undersecretary, said the equipment would delivered in 2008, the third batch from China since the two countries establishes defense relations a decade ago.
    These equipment will be used to build roads and bridges in conflict areas in the south.
    Since 1951, the Philippines has had a defense treaty with the United States, its former colonial ruler and security partner, and is negotiating a similar with Australia and the other Southeast Asian countries.
    Defense officials from the Philippines and China exchanged views on international and regional security issues, including a territorial dispute over the Spratly Island.
    Several countries in the region-Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines Vietnam China, and its renegade province Taiwan-have conflicting claims on dozens of established islands in the South China Sea believed to be rich in oil, gas , and minerals.
    Manila and Beijing established relations in 1075 but it took another 20 years before they agreed to exchanged visits of senior defense and military officials. In 2006, some $1.2 million worth of bulldozers and graders were directed to the Philippines after the two states inaugurated armed defense meetings lately.
    China has also agreed to accept defense personnel from the Philippines to extend military schools and universities in an effort to improve the understanding or each country's security concerns.
    But the Philippines is not yet ready to hold military drills. The two countries do not have any agreement allowing the exchange of troops for training and war games.

hope u improve your speaking skills!

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: can this help ur speaking skills??

Where did the texts come from? Please always include the URL when you use texts for copyright reasons. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I retype that from our journal!

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, thanks. I would say 'read this aloud' not 'with your mouth'.

Bankbuddy is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: can this help ur speaking skills??

Oh my gosh. Now I see why you showed that to us. To me, that is written by someone who enjoys using the language in a very sophisticated way. When I learn Spanish, I learn things such as, “The pencil is red.” I would never learn anything if I had to say, “It is my impression from numerous examinations of which I have directly participated that the image conveyed to my senses by the artifact commonly interpreted as a pencil is red.”

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: can this help ur speaking skills??

No, I can't do that!. . . .

I retype that from our journal because our school is monthly giving a journal from all the subject. I retype that from our journal in Hekasi