• Post Thanks / Like

Are they same meaning? and which one is correct?

A. We listened to the sounds of birds and looked for the bird who made coo..coo sounds.
    B. We listened the sound of the birds and looking for the bird who was making coo..coo sounds.
    C. We were listening to the coo..coo sounds and looking at to the bird who making the sounds.
    D. We listened to the coo..coo sounds and looked to the bird who was making the sounds.
    E. We listened the sounds of birds outside and looking for the bird who make the coo..coo sounds.
    F. We listened the sounds of birds outside and looked for the bird who had made the coo..coo sounds.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are they same meaning? and which one is correct?

Which do you think are correct?

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Which do you think are correct?
    I don't know, that why I'm asking and if you can corrected for me that will be great.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

We do not answer things that look like assignments; we will discuss answers and comment, but we don't provide the answers.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    We do not answer things that look like assignments; we will discuss answers and comment, but we don't provide the answers.
    this is not assignment. This is my sentences I tried to use past tense, but I was confused with past progress, and perfect.
    So I tried to wrote several sentences, my question is if you are the reader and when you read all the sample are they same meaning? If they are not same meaning how do I notice it?
    Are the tenses are correct?

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misscarlas View Post

A. We listened to the sounds of birds and looked for the bird [who] that made coo-coo sounds.

B. We listened the sound of the birds and we were looking for the bird [who] that was making coo-coo sounds.

C. We were listening to the coo-coo sounds and looking at [to] the bird [who] that was making the sounds.

D. We listened to the coo-coo sounds and looked to/towards the bird [who] that was making the sounds. OKAY

E. We listened to the sounds of birds outside and [looking] looked for the bird [who] that was [make] making the coo-coo sounds.

F. We listened to the sounds of birds outside and looked for the bird [who] that had made the coo-coo sounds.
    ##