• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could someone please check my essay.

Dear Sir or Madam,

This my first visit in the forum and i request help from you about something i wrote which is in need to be checked and corrected (especially the structure and also the punctuation).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Poet.

DURING ITS TWELVE YEARS OF EXISTENCE, FROM 1981 TO 1993, IN A VARIETY OFDIFFERENT LINEUPS, THE GUN CLUB LED BY EXCEPTIONAL SINGER / SONGWRITER BUT UNRECOGNIZED GENIUS / GUITAR VIRTUOSO JEFFREY LEE PIERCE, TRULY BROKE A NEW TERRITORY MIXING TOGETHER THE ENERGY OF PSYCHEDELIC ROCK WITH THE SOUND AND FEELING OF RAW DELTA BLUES, FREE JAZZ AMONG OTHER AMERICAN ROOTS MUSICS , AND SOPHISTICATED POPMUSIC SENSIBILITYTO CREATE A SOUND THAT WAS CLEARLY THEIR OWN ! LIKETHEVELVET UNDERGROUND AND THE STOOGES, THE BLEAK ROCK & ROLL OFTHE GUN CLUB WAS IMMEDIATE ANDTOTALLY OUT OF TIME. BUT THE ABSENCEOF COMPROMISE ULTIMATELY DOOMED THE BAND TO NOTHING MORE THAN A CULT SENSATION ESPECIALLY IN THEIR NATIVE LOS ANGELES : TOO WEIRD TO BREAK INTO THE MAINSTREAM !!! SO THE GUN CLUB RELOCATED TO EUROPE WHERE THEIR POPULARITY WAS SIGNIFICANTLY. THEY WON A PASSIONATELY DEVOTED FOLLOWING BUT STRANGELY ENOUGH WITHOUT A FULLY DESERVED RECOGNITION. AMONGST THE IMPRESSIVE EFFORTS THE BAND OR JEFFREY THROUGH HIS SOLO CAREER RECORDED, THERE WAS THE HAUNTING AND DESOLATE ROCK RELIC MIAMI, LAS VEGAS STORY THE OBSCURE MASTERPIECE, THE VITAL MELANCHOLY OF WILDWEED, AND THE SOMBER BEAUTY OF DIVINITY. JEFFREY DIED IN GREAT INDIFFERENCE ON MARCH 31 1996 FROM A BRAIN HEMORRHAGE AT THE AGE OF 37 ...YES I MISS HIM TERRIBLY AND THE SENSITIVE SOUL THAT HE WAS TOO !!!

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could someone please check my essay.

Welcome to the forums.

Please resubmit your text in normal typing, not all in capital letters. It will help to be sure whether you are writing correctly.

Please note: "I" is always a capital letter.

poet is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could someone please check my essay.

Dear Anglika,

I have just re-typed my text. Hopefully this will help you now.

Kind Regards,

Poet.

During its twelve years of existence, from 1981 to 1993, in a variety of different lineups, The Gun Club led by exceptional singer / songwriter but unrecognized genius / guitar virtuoso Jeffrey Lee Pierce, truly broke a new territory mixing together the energy of Psychedelic rock with the sound and feeling of raw Delta Blues, Free Jazz among other american roots musics and sophisticated Pop Music sensibility to create a sound that was clearly their own! Like the Velvet Underground and The Stooges, the bleak Rock & Roll of The Gun Club was immediate and totally out of time. But the absence of compromise ultimately doomed the band to nothing more than a cult sensation especially in their native Los Angeles : too weird to break into the mainstream!!! So The Gun Club relocated in Europe where their popularity was significantly greater than it was in U.S. They won a passionately devoted following but strangely enough without a fully deserved recognition. Amongst the impressive efforts the band or Jeffrey through his solo career recorded, there was the haunting and desolate Rock Relic Miami, Las Vegas Story the obscure masterpiece, the vital melancholy of Wildweed, and the somber beauty of Divinity. Jeffrey died in great indifference on March 31 1996 from a brain hemorrhage at the age of 37. Yes i miss him terribly and the sensitive soul that he was too!